WTS: Pearl 14 x 3.5 Free Floating Steel Snare

Sputnik62

IMG_2921.jpg

The style of music I'm playing now has changed quite a bit, so this snare very rarely gets played these days. It's a Pearl "free floating" snare. For those who haven't seen one before, it means the shell is undrilled and untouched by any hardware. The theory is that this allows for a much truer, more resonant sound from the shell.

The free floating system means that you can also buy different shells (they make a maple one, as well), and simply fit the floating system over that, giving you extra shell options.

The one I have for sale is the steel model, which has a matt black finish. It's been played, and has a few very minor cosmetic scratches, but nothing that affects the overall look or sound of it. The batter head is a Remo Emperor, which still has plenty of life left in it. The snares are the original Pearl ones.

Here are a few more snaps:

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

The snare has been kept in a room equipped with a dehumidifier the whole time I've had it, so there's no pitting or rust anywhere on it.

I'm also selling it complete with a nice Ritter snare bag, including shoulder strap.

All that for just $230.

I live in the East, but will deal anywhere within reason.

If you're interested, please call or text Mike on 9796 9363.

Thanks for looking.

Back