Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

i just can´t believe someone mentioned KEVIN SHIELDS.......... damn....

he´s more than genious but one bloody lazy genious. he left us all high and dry since loveless and gave us a little outro mp3 of his beautiful guitar drone.

kevin shields......... he made me play dreampop and i´m still very much a shoegazer...

ed- you´re right. Loveless is easily my favourite ´surreal´ album. together with cocteau twins & curve i was introduced to the ´other´ guitar playing method. but Shields- pure genius...
icon_cool.gif

john frusciante

graham coxon

wes montgomery

jimi hendrix

tom morrello

the weird guy who went to zouk and bashed his gibson semi with a mike and a cymbal

Yo Silent, we get shit pest like u to screw up a proper forum. And since you are directing at me only in all your replies, i challenge you to take it on with me outside in the real world if you even have as much guts as you do here. Bet i´ll kick the trash out of you for good!!

Start all this?? I´m not the starter of soft.com, just a user. If you´ll not interested in music or having conversations in this music forum, it´s better u leave here. Else it´s just seen you´ll just a pest here and hindrance. The forum is a public domain, but that doesn´t giv u the right to step on others at your own free will. If you really have a problem with me, for "I don´t know what reason!", why don´t you jus face it like an adult, rather than behaving like some immatured kid. Unless you really are one!

nobody mentioned marty friedman and jason becker? they are my favourite!! marty´s solo captures my soul everytime I hear them.

Malmsteen is just too technical, and speeds everytime - dun like!!

SRV is my fav blues player to date. he´s got absolute command of the instrument & lives up to high standards on live performances. R.I.P....

you have to either understand malmsteen or not look up to him for what he´s doing. being fast all the time does put people off... but i respect him for his indulgences- great improvisation from this bloke 8)

fave is Santana, Satch, Eric Clapton n tremonti ,.. all got their own sound n they play with hearts ,.. my point of view,.. but the list is not exhaustive :arrow: I love santana theres so much soul in his playing altho its not technically too dazzling :wink: cheers,..

i´ve just gotten copies of Neil Zaza´s releases & i must say that he has a good balance of technicalities & memorable melodies.

My most favourite guitarists are, Mana(Malice Mizer), Kaoru(Dir en Grey), Die(Dir en Grey), hide(X-Japan), Hisashi & Takuro(Glay) :p Too many J-rock stuff...but these are my favourites. ^_^ if it´s bassist, Toshiya(Dir en Grey) and Jiro(Glay) would do the trick.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-01-30 03:20, parablue74 wrote:

Ohh! I almost forgot this power guitarist i use to love over Steve Vai... Guess who is that!!! 8 Finger Spider Tapping Master, VAN HALEN. Though i never felt his songs were the greatest, but i find his technique awesome. Saw his video once with his tapping, wow! Bet no one in Singapore can do the 8-finger tapping.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi,

I realize my reply is very late,haha.But I was wondering,I didn´t know Eddie Van Halen is an 8 finger tapper?When I think of 8 finger tapping I think of people like Stanely Jordan and Jennifer Batten.On which song did he use that technique?If you are refering to ´Judgement day´,I don´t think that that one counts.Compare that with the previous 2 guitarists and you will know what I mean.

I also agree that the 8 finger tapping is not a common technique used among local guiatrist.When I was playing elec guitar long ago(I mainly play basses now)I was interested in developing that technique,but never got it right.I´m sure someone in Singapore can do it well,its just that we haven´t seen it yet.Hardly see any chicken picking country style playing too.

I´m a fan of slash until now. Slash doesn´t play like he used to play during the Gn´R years. So slash is out for me. My fave guitarist are jimi hendrix, Eddie van halen, BB king and why nobody mention him, JIMMY PAGE! Many guitarist got his influence and i´m one of them!!!

Well... mine, in no order of preference.

1. Stevie Ray Vaughan (SRV)

2. Eric Johnson

3. Tommy Emmanuel

4. Joe Satriani

5. Eric Clapton

6. Jimi Hendrix

I like so many other people though, but these are the ones I truly admire.

Back