Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

parablue74

Yo guys, let´s ask the favourite question that i believe everyone would love to answer. Who is your favourite guitarist you´ve ever heard?

For me i´m a personal fan of Blues Saraceno who had a fantastic album "Plaid" at the age of 17. And i love John Norum from Europe and Don Dokken, his licks are very sweet. :lol:

Alan Holdsworth.

however, i have a bunch of other players whom i hold in high regards:
*Stevie Ray
*Vai
*Satch
*Gambale
*Gilbert
*Blasphemer (Mayhem)
*Destructor (Myrkskog/ Zyklon)
*Erik Rutan (Hate Eternal)
*Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
*Harris/ Pintado (Napalm Death)
*Cyrus (Susperia)

... & the list goes on... 8) i listen to everyone from various genre.

Personally,i feel that there are so many great players around. Two many favorites. But here´re coupla ´em topping my list:

Slash & Izzy Stradlin´,Jimmy Page,Jeff Beck,Richie Sambora,Joe Perry,Eric Clapton,Dave ´the Snake´ Sabo & Scotti Hill and Keith Richards.

(With all due respect ta the ´juz speed´ guitarists and no offence ta those who are widely influenced by them,but where are they,dude? Can´t seem find ta find them on my list,hehehe......)

they aren´t there ´cause you aren´t into them, simple as that
icon_cool.gif
like yours is not on mine...

hey bro! cheer up! i´m not pissed by your post or anything like that!
icon_lol.gif
sometimes this faceless forum posting really doesn´t reflect emotions... i´m relying on these smileys though ha ha
icon_razz.gif

the last thing i wanna do is chase people away from this forum... gee...

about richie sambora- he´s hiding his true talent. what you hear in bon jovi isn´t the extent of his playability...

Yeah, man... Relac, brudders.
icon_razz.gif

Well, speaking of fav guitarists, the list is exhaustive... but for the shredders, it´s definitely Satch, Vai, Gilbert, Petrucci... Others favourites include ´The Edge´, Jerry Cantrell (A.I.C), Izzy Stradlin...

Yo,faceless as it is,i´m nt pissed 2. So... But personally i think Richie has done wats best for Bon jovi. Everybody has an little idea of wat they´d really like ta do in their vision,u knw.

Oh,for shredders,i do like Yngwie Malmsteen quiet a bit. His melody n stuff. But after a while,i get bored wth all the juz speed but no emotion thg,hehehe....

And i muz say i like Zakk Wylde 2. He´s 1 player who´s always doing his thg and doesnt sell out. Juz ask Snake and Scotti. Yeah!

For Izzy Stradlin,i really luv tis guy. So cool and ´irritating´,hehe.... He´s 1 guitarist who doesnt really care abt soloing,nt like the majority of players who r so hell bent on soloing and trying ta impress sm chicks or watever and trying ta look gd but cldnt deliver. Izzy juz doing wat he does best,his forte. Juz like Keith Rechards.

For the record,any1 out der reading,plz dun get pissed off. Tis is wat i dig,hehe...

Rock N Roll!

some players are simply playing their guitars in context, Sambora for instance. he just plays what the song required, nothing more, nothing less. the other guy is Tremonti, he can shred if he wanna but he strictly churns out what´s best for the song, that´s it.

Malmsteen is an incredible player, his technique is tops. after watching him repeatedly, i feel that his feelings are in his speed, really.

i dunno how many of us here listens to My Bloody Valentine, but Kevin Shields is one thinking player. he´s also very artistic, not afraid to express himself. for instance, one of the tracks in MBV´s ´Loveless´ LP, involved him taping his whammy bar to his pinkie
icon_eek.gif
& playing the guitar like that- all those warped notes somehow sounded ´correct´ for that song. *GENIUS*

Cool. Thanx for introducin. I luv experimentin. But i ain´t really into ground-breaking stuff.

Ever wonder wat it´l sound like if Malmsteen plays country licks/songs?Hehehe.....

Oh,i think as a guitar player,watever dat i play,wth my fullest ability and musical integrity,muz bring out the song´s elements ta it´s peak. So,personally,i think Richie n Mark had done wats best for the songs. Bcoz most players like ta ´over-indulge´. Certain songs juz cant b enjoyed at tis rate,hehehe.....

Back ta Malmsteen,my fren,a malmsteen freak himself,once played me a ABBA no where the speedster covered. Its solid! Now,dats the whole point of wat i´m tryin ta say.

Aywy dude,u seem pretty well read in terms of ´wherever der is music´. How do ppl cal u? R u in a band or smthg? I mean its pretty cool ta communicate wth various calibres of musicians. I think local musicians shld ´collaborate´ more. Rock N´ Roll!

on the matter of country, chicken pickin´ & a touch of malmsteen in the mix, listen to The Hellecasters (Jourgensen/ Ray/ Donahue) these guys are the speedmasters of hybrid picking.

also pay attention to Greg Koch who was in S´pore last July/ Aug. he´s another amazing player. his current offering ´The Grip´ has a very tasteful touch of humour with some serious guitar playing. for instance, a heavy metal riff accompanying albert collins´ solos...
icon_lol.gif

Yup,i´ve heard of those guys. Pretty cool. But i ain´t really choppin´ their stuff. I juz took wat i like and relate ta. U´ve been great. C ya.

Yep, Richie Sambora is great, i feel he hasn´t shown his true power either in Bon Jovi. He had his own album"Stranger in this town" if i didn´t get the words correctly, somehow i felt his songs there are better than those in Bon Jovi, but i guess few would agree. Besides that, talking about Yngwie Malmsteen, his playing is about speed i feel becos there´s no really any other way around the Harmonic Minor scale. Try bending strings and you weren´t get anything good on Harmonic Minor Scale. He "started" the Neo-Classical trend but it didn´t lasted too long, but well, he´s cool after all(Not when he tried to play some "Harmonic Minor and Blues mixture" in one of his album). But there´s one really big thing i dislike about Yngwie Malmsteen´s songs, (I hate his lyrics, it´s senseless!! Like "You don´t remember, i´ll never forget!" is like some "loanshark calling for his money back!".

Yeah,i totally agree wth u on his lyrics. Juz cant get anywhere wth dat. Hehehe... But i thot ´I dun rmb,i´ll nvr forget´ is rather cool from a artistic point of view. Aywy,i thot Richie is gd in BJ and his solo projects. U´d get ta hear diff sides of his music. But basically,its still him on the gtr doing wat he does best. Bcoz lotta gtrists over-play and at sm point,the music bcums real draggy. Malmsteen has the tendecy ta do dat. Hehehe.... I thot Jeff Beck,Slash,Joe Perry and Brad Whitford r great 2. They r nt der ta impress. They juz plug in and play wat they felt like. From my point of view as a gtrist,Jeff beck is certainly the mos individualistic tone setter. His controls on the axe r delicious. Really pissed me off everytime i hear him. Hehehe.... Aywy,no damn thg abt who is the best gtrist ever. Everybody is gd in their own perspectives. So wat if ppl say u r gd or smthg else? Juz an ego trip.......

on a certain richie sambora- i´ve got this CD it´s called ´Guitars that rule the world´ back in 1991. it has one track featuring RS called Mr. Sambo (all too obvious
icon_biggrin.gif
). that´s the showcase of his talent. oh, he was playing a Kramer Pacer.

Ohh! I almost forgot this power guitarist i use to love over Steve Vai... Guess who is that!!! 8 Finger Spider Tapping Master, VAN HALEN. Though i never felt his songs were the greatest, but i find his technique awesome. Saw his video once with his tapping, wow! Bet no one in Singapore can do the 8-finger tapping.

Hi Subversion,

Is this forum started by you or ar you a moderator here? I wish to be involve in soft.com in terms of advertising and marketing etc and can jump in a couple of free links advertising and ideas. Any place available??

nope. i´m not running this board... i´m just very happy that there´s a forum where S´poreans can relate to others about their music. especially guitars. 8)
here´s how you can reach the person running this board: ICQ Number: 23444967

i´m a constant spectre of SOFT...

What´s up?

Satch
Vai
Steve Morse
Petrucci
Al Dimeola
Joe Pass <---for those who have no idea who he is, juz check out some of his stuff, you will be blown away.
Les Paul
Slash

-Beast

i just can´t believe someone mentioned KEVIN SHIELDS.......... damn....

he´s more than genious but one bloody lazy genious. he left us all high and dry since loveless and gave us a little outro mp3 of his beautiful guitar drone.

kevin shields......... he made me play dreampop and i´m still very much a shoegazer...

Back