Here's mine...

Gretsch Renown Maple Snare 14x6.5
2007-12-29056.jpg

Pearl Piccolo Maple Snare
2007-12-29051.jpg

not in the picture...

**Tama Hammered Steel Snare 13x4
**Yamaha Concert Snare 14x5.5

Just wanted to share with this new score I got from Ebay. Every drummer should have one! Its price doesn't justify the quality, and it's aluminium for those who're not familiar with acrolites!

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00494.jpg
DSC00493.jpg
DSC00492.jpg

Last edited:
Acr customized snare drums

1) acr rogers 5x14( super ) dynasonic cob > quantum leap better than the original ( 2x) ( with acr sw system & sds tuning)
2) acr pearl 3.5x14 free float brass / maple piccolo (with acr sw system & sds tuning )
3) acr pearl 5.5x14 goldplated signature ( with acr sw system & sds tuning )
4) acr gretsch 5x14 cherry maple ( with acr sw system & sds tuning)
5) acr gretsch 5.5x14 black chrome steel with acr 42 strand sw system & sds tuning )
6) acr ludwig tube-lug bronze 5x14 ( with acr sw system & sds tuning )
7) acr peavey 751 6x14 ( with acr sw system & sds tuning )
8) acr 8x14 sonor signature bronze
9) acr 8x14 sonor signature bubinga
10) acr 4x14 sonor signature bronze piccolo
all the above treated with anti-tarnish protectant

Hi 2dmax,
I would love to !
How to include/send pictures ?
( not all improvements can be shown on photo / some are proprietary secrets )

(Though I joined SOFT at around 2008 before learning all the ropes I was soon tied up after that -just got back - I am actually new to all this - made mistakes -posted in wrong places.etc )Will start new threads ASAP ( after I clear some of my commitments )

ACR SNARE DRUMS>
( CUSTOMIZED TO REACH exquisite ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL AMAZING REFERENCE QUALITY - with the implementation of proprietary skills, innovations & inventions )

1) THE OBJECTIVE IS TO IMPROVE EXISTING TOP QUALITY DRUMS
TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF QUALITY - eg >
A) DURABILITY -preserving our investments ( NO POINT IMPROVING IF IT DOES NOT LAST)
B) SOUND QUALITY-most important ( TO THE PLAYER / PROJECTION -TO THE AUDIENCE / SOUND MASTERING quality - eg -CD recording quality)
C) PLAYING EASE- eg smoother/faster ( ' PLAY & ALSO SOUND BETTER WITH LESS EFFORT ' )
D) RAISING THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE VALUE OF THE DRUM, TURNING IT INTO A PRIZED COLLECTORS ITEM !
( USUALLY BY A QUANTUM LEAP TO MAKE IT OBVIOUS & WORTHWHILE WITHOUT COST /TIME CONSTRAINS AS TO THE TECHNOLOGY/MATERIALS TO THOSE WHO WOULD
APPRECIATE / AFFORD IT ( IT COULD BE VERY COSTLY IN ONE TOTAL GO -
BUT IMPROVEMENTS ARE MODULAR ( COULD BE IMPLEMENTED STEP BY STEP AS FUNDS PERMIT)

ACR-1 > ( photos will not show/ the actual drum would look better than new ! -if you start with a new drum )
(a) PRESERVATION FROM CORROSSION -RUST /FUNGI ATTACK WITH ACR SUPER PROTECTANT as well as extending life of drumhead / snarehead ( also applicable to all parts of the drumset including cymbals !
(b )it would also enable speedier playing !

ACR-2 >
select/test & change new batter/snare heads>
a) for better sound ( eg: crispier snarewire sound/ more solid ' pop' / louder /cushy sound )
b) that would look new/good longer ( little or no maintenance required )

ACR-3
Apply ACR SuperDynaSynergy method of tuning to batter/snare heads ( takes about one month daily effort ! >
a&b) attain the best sound / playability ( ease /speed ) out of the snare drum
( ' PLAY & SOUND BETTER WITH LESS EFFORT ' (C) TM -copyright / trademark )

ACR-4
Changing ordinary snarewire systems to special high grade options >
(option > quality or budget approach ) to attain >
a) crispier unmuffled snare sound !
b) easier/ superlative press rolls ( supercrisp,super definition, clear & with precision ! )
c) superlative projection ( so that you will be heard in a live performance !
-eg > in the coming LOUDEST BAND competition ! )
d) faster playing speed ( super speed play ! )
e) more snarewire sound ! ( cushy snares ! )
f) advanced professional sound quality & performance ( superlative PRO ! )
g) exquisite sound quality & performance ( sonorous & euphoric ! )

sincerely,
ACR
passion for excellence in sight & sound including acoustics
( perpetually improving till ACR objective of exquisite excellence is achieved )

Last edited:
been inactive for a year or two!
so here I am again,

my snare!
a Slingerland 1970s 3-ply artist model snare in green sparkle.

3360766995_4200f14c8b_b.jpg

3360758685_047703b0ca_b.jpg

took the picture long ago when i just got it and was cleaning it up..

Besides the stock Yamaha Stage Customs steel snare, just got this excellent sounding Akira Jimbo sig snare.

2z86hjq.jpg
- with lomo effects

2zi4kxz.jpg
- normal

Last edited:
Sweet snares ACR, pacifusion and johannlow!

ACR: Wonderful collection, especially those deep Sonors. Horst Links? Would love to see pictures of the collection, as well as the customisation.

Pacifusion: How did you get the snare dated, and how accurate is it? Curious.

Johannlow: Really nice snare, the wood hoops complete the look really. I've a beech stave from JTP and it's bloody awesome.

Hey Jeepers,

Thanks, it really sounds very good LOL...but the batter head is bit worn, might change it soon :D + some cleaning up, JTP is Joshua Tree Percussion? Where do u get them?

snare dating~

Sweet snares ACR, pacifusion and johannlow!

Pacifusion: How did you get the snare dated, and how accurate is it? Curious.

Hey Jeepers, these guys @ http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/
were really helpful in helping with identification..
They'll basically date the drums based on:

Badge serial number, badge design, shell (e.g 3-plys, 6-plys), finish, Snare strainer design etc..

the manufacturers keep changing the designs so no snares from two different time will have the same features =)

still curious bout slingerlands?

try this page: http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/drcjw/articles.html

johannlow: Sorry for the indecently late reply, I got it off their eBay shop for a steal. 13"x5.5". Sick drum.

pacifusion: Ah I see. Yeah I get my stuff dated via that site as well. Was just curious if you had your drum dated via some other source. Thanks anyway!

4429_1155832581971_1412414677_410168_6235663_n.jpg

wow...this is my first post picture, well...let me introduce my self, my name oscar, i stay in batam as yamaha drum instructor, i hope i will have many drums friends in this forum, but sorry maybe my english is not fluent but i'm glad can join with this forum

GBU

Last edited:
Hey Oscar. Welcome to the forum! :)
That's a nice looking snare there. What snare is it? Specifications?

Back