what snares do you guys have?

yay for tom lee !!! i'm heading to hk in a couple of days... gonna raid the store !!!:mrgreen:

frummer> is that your snare collection or ishibashi's ??? hahaha

I'll have to take another pic when i get home 2nite.

btw, i really dig the color combi of the OC Snare...i wonder how much it would cost to custom color a snare from OC?

Any idea?

I'll have to take another pic when i get home 2nite.

btw, i really dig the color combi of the OC Snare...i wonder how much it would cost to custom color a snare from OC?

Any idea?

It's actually the colour of the Indian flag or the Italian flag, depending on how you look at it.

It would roughly cost you about USD 1k+ depending on your shell plies, finishing, throw offs, vents or no vents, lugs, etc.

It's actually the colour of the Indian flag or the Italian flag, depending on how you look at it.

Ivory Coast, you mean.

Nice. Do you mind telling us how much it cost you? I know a few of us here would like to own a Black Beauty, and if the price of the Porky is right, it would be a nice, cheaper alternative.

Ivory Coast, you mean.

Nice. Do you mind telling us how much it cost you? I know a few of us here would like to own a Black Beauty, and if the price of the Porky is right, it would be a nice, cheaper alternative.

Yeah could also be the Ivory Coast flag =)

The Porky costs me about USD 340+ shipping+insurance included to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Bought it brand new at Guitar Center for USD 249 and shipping costs another USD 90+ due to my friend packing it up in a slightly bigger box with lots of padding.

I'm actually putting up the Porky for sale at Ringgit 800 on the Malaysian boards to make way for the DW Edge snare.

I've never played a Black Beauty, but based on what I hear on Youtube and other online audio sources, the Pork Pie is comparable to the BB, at half the price.

atomicjelly: Ha, it's definitely not Italiano though!

That pricing is decent, I guess, with shipping included, moreover.

RM800? Wow. Dude, why don't you just sell it here on SOFT? Would definitely get a higher price, more inconvenient though.

Interesting, very interesting. Then again, there's WorldMax's version, which is slightly more expensive.

I love Yamaha steel snares man. Killer rimshots and very sturdy build.

I know this cannot be compared to all the snares earlier, but yeap! This is one of the 4 snares I've got now.

This one is pretty old, some stainless steel Yamaha snare. I custom painted it 2 years back, but the rust came :/

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

I agree mel80!

The crack of the snare when the stick comes in contact with the rim and snarehead is so mouth watering, lol. Too bad I'm gonna part with this snare, up for grabs! Willing to let go cheap. Then again if there's no takers, I'll gladly keep it ;)

heres my collection...not pictured are tama rockstar 13'x5', pearl sensitone 14'x6', and ludwig 14'x6.5'.

From left to right:-
Tama Starclassic Limited Mike Portnoy Maple Red Monster 'NFML1455AMP' No.42/50 Snare
Tama 6’x14’ Starclassic Limited Edition Exotix Snare (Hawaiian Koa/Bubinga 9ply, 8mm | Bell Brass snare wire)
Tama Warlord Exotix Spartan 14'x6' Snare
Tama Starclassic G-Brass 14'x5.5' Snare

3181951647_da9a925183.jpg

3182784000_802eacbac9.jpg

3181950523_ac2ae9f2e3.jpg

desdinova> nice collection there... keep 'em coming :mrgreen:

blissuicide> hope all's well bro... i rem u had a pretty nasty snare collection... but you've been divesting your preciouss ?

Some long overdue pics of my snares...

Snare-collection-01.jpg

Snare-collection-02.jpg

Yamaha Jimmy Chamberlin Sig snare
Pearl Chad Smith Sig snare
Omar Hakim Sig snare
Pearl Mini Multi-way piccolo

A closer look at my latest purchase, the Jimmy Chamberlin Sig snare. This fella weighs a ton and has a killer fat tone. Currently my primary snare.

JimmyChamberlinsnare-10.jpg

Last edited:
jeepers:
About 2 weeks ago. Popped by Yamaha randomly, saw a new piece sitting on the rack, immediately pointed at it and asked the staff:
"Can I take a look at that snare? I want to buy it."
Couldn't believe my luck!

Slapped a Remo Coated Amb head on it. It's sounding so kick ass now, I actually don't mind bringing this heavy fella for every jam session! :D

smildrumdz:
Sexayyy looking acrylic snare!

Last edited:
My chili padi snare!

PIC00195.jpg

PIC00196.jpg

PIC00197.jpg

its a PDP 805 10"x6" steel side snare.
i use this as the main snare when i jam... heeeeee.

PIC00193.jpg

this is my practice pad!

Last edited:
thanks smildrumez! i bought it coz i felt it was unique and cute. lol. but i fell in love with the loundness of this small beast. there's another softie who has a black one. i forgot his nick... he also uses it as a main snare.

Latest posts

Back