The official MetallicA thread.

nitrovo said:
Cloudsky said:
did he CARVE out the tatoo on his arm?

Nope, but thats the effect he wanted. didnt want something everyone else, wanted something original, and there it is.

what's that effect may i ask?

hmm.. metallica. sorry but the only stuff i heard from metallica is MoP and enter sandman. i'm too shallow with metallica to comment.

He wanted a a tat that looked like it had been carved into his arm

I'll upload some of my fav videos for you all soon.

I am impressed with the tatts.
It's wise to wait till you are older to get tatts, imagine one imprinting A1 or some shit on your arm and then regretting it later.

Phil said:
I am impressed with the tatts.
It's wise to wait till you are older to get tatts, imagine one imprinting A1 or some shit on your arm and then regretting it later.

You'll never regret imprinting MetallicA! :wink:

Well, MetallicA have helped form me in my teenage years. Just watching cliff em all and their old stuff makes me want to get pissed and go nuts in the city and do stupid things :D so getting a metallica tat would alwayts remind me of my teenage years.

Bleeding me - woodstock '99
http://www.sendspace.com/file/no6u9u

Bloody awesome video, esp the 2nd half of it. enjoy

Yeah probably the most powerful and emotional performance ive seen by james. I think i have the mp3, it was on turn the page single or one of the singles I have and I was listening to this song on the bus on the way home and earlier that day i had heard about one of my best mates health problems..which may be fatal (thought it was a brain tumour but hopefully isnt, but doctors say its cancer) and i just burst into tears becuase of the song, it just pushed my emotions that little bit further.

I'll see what else i can dig up.

Anyone want any videos from a certain time frame, or any specific songs or gigs?

nitrovo said:
Yeah probably the most powerful and emotional performance ive seen by james. I think i have the mp3, it was on turn the page single or one of the singles I have and I was listening to this song on the bus on the way home and earlier that day i had heard about one of my best mates health problems..which may be fatal (thought it was a brain tumour but hopefully isnt, but doctors say its cancer) and i just burst into tears becuase of the song, it just pushed my emotions that little bit further.

I'll see what else i can dig up.

Anyone want any videos from a certain time frame, or any specific songs or gigs?

Bleeding me is awesome.
But I also like 'No Leaf Clover', in S&M, wah, damn power... Carefully listen to Kirk play the background fills(effects). damn emotional...
But I kind of don't like the solo, or towards the end of the song...

Anyway, nice job dude, for posting up the videos.

MetallicA Rules.

Cheers. :wink:

Courtesy of The-Warlord

Lars: We dont need to make another st anger

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=51077

METALLICA's Lars Ulrich has exclusively revealed to Kerrang! magazine that the band's new material has an "old-school" METALLICA flavor.

The metal legends are currently working on the follow-up to 2003's "St. Anger" in their own studio at METALLICA HQ in San Rafael, California.

"The last album was an unusual METALLICA album in that no one brought ideas into the studio. Everything you hear on that album was given birth to in the studio," the drummer notes. "This time around we've each brought in ideas as we used to — as well as working on some jams we had from from two summers ago — and James [Hetfield] and I are sorting through our CDs of riffs to put together stuff as we did back in the day.

"The new stuff is much more organic, more old school. It certainly doesn't feel like 'St. Anger' Part Two," Ulrich adds. "When we were rehearsing for our South African shows and started playing the 'St. Anger' stuff, it definitely felt very different to the rest of the set because of how the songs were put together. It was really important to make that record in the way we did because of the chaotic internal vibe at that time: 'St. Anger' was a statement, 55 minutes of brutality packed onto a CD, proving to ourselves that we still had the spark. 'St. Anger' was fun but we don't need to make that album again."

Ulrich says that the band have six or seven songs nearing completion, minus vocals and they are using producer Rick Rubin, famed for his work with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, SYSTEM OF A DOWN and SLAYER, for the first time. This collaboration marks the end of the quartet's 15-year relationship with producer Bob Rock, but Ulrich insists the split was drama free.

"We had a great time with Bob," he admits. "But it seemed that after 15 years it was time to try some different things and get a different perspective. As you get older you get set in your ways and get very fucking spoilt. It was important for as to not get stuck. Rick makes everything — he sees the big picture and has big ideas. It's working out great. We're excited hearing shit come together!"

METALLICA's as-yet-untitled album is expected in early 2007.

Damnit this is awesome news. i cant wait ^_^

In march, Metallica inducted Sabbath into the rock and roll hall of fame. Check out the performance:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P4mU_npqM3I

the mighty Rick Rubin producing them. he never changes the artist, only extracts the best out of them. interesting.

JAMES HETFIELD TO BE HONORED

James Hetfield will be honored as the recipient of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award for his dedication and support of the MusiCares MAP Fund and his devotion to helping other addicts with the recovery process. In addition to receiving the prestigious Stevie Ray Vaughan Award, James along with Robert, will be performing with Alice In Chains' Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney! Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will open the show and the evening will include a performance from Jason Mraz. Jim Breuer will be on hand to present James with the award while Margaret Cho will present the night's other honoree, Bill Silva, with the From the Heart Award.

METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett has told the Artisan News Service that the band have "about fifteen songs" written for the follow-up to 2003's "St. Anger", which they hope to release in early 2007. In a short interview conducted at the MAP MusiCares MAP Fund concert on May 12 honoring Hammett's METALLICA bandmate James Hetfield, Kirk admitted the band is really hitting the song writing groove, even busting out two to three new songs per week.

"It's pretty early in the process," Hammett told the Artisan News Service. "We have about fifteen songs or so and we're just going to keep on writing songs until we feel we have the best dozen songs and get those into the studio. That's when I think Rick (Rubin) comes in and does his thing. But it's really really early still, we're just writing the music and that's going along really well. Sometimes we're writing two or three songs per week, which is great. It's just us four in the studio, which is really different now." [Watch a Windows Media video clip of Hammett talking about working on the new METALLICA album at this location.]

James Hetfield also stopped by to talk to the Artisan News Service about working with the legendary producer Rick Rubin on the new CD — the group's first album to be helmed by someone other than Bob Rock since 1988's "…And Justice for All".

"We have Rick Rubin working on the next project and Rick's reputation is true," Hetfield said. "He's not showing up every day at the studio. He's there when needed and we are there flying on our own. It's very different from the last record. 'St. Anger' was hours and hours of talking, talking about what was going on, what's going to happen, what will happen — all of that and going in and having coaches here and there. This one we're pretty much on our own and it does it feels really free and really nice. There's no pressure. It feels good. Sometimes it's a little unfocused so we kind of have to crack the whip every once in a while to get everybody in there." [Watch a Windows Media video clip of Hetfield talking about working on the new METALLICA album at this location.]

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=52553

Back