The official MetallicA thread.

nitrovo said:
Anyone seen a year and a hlf? its expensive and i dont know what its about..

It's basically about the making of the Black Album and the ensuing world tour after that. Lots of interesting in-studio scenes where you can see how the band worked on the album. How they drove Bob Rock up the wall of insanity. How Lars makes everybody else wait for him till the small hours before they can start recording. Hetfield's dad dropping by to see his son cutting a guitar track in the studio. Kirk having trouble trying to nail down the solo for The Unforgiven and getting insulted by Bob Rock for that. Jason getting hazed by the other guys on tour. I mean lots of interesting stuff if you're a major Metallica fan. You should check it out...

judaspiss said:
Kirk having trouble trying to nail down the solo for The Unforgiven and getting insulted by Bob Rock for that.
Haha, Bob Rock insulting Kirk... now that is something I would really love to see! :lol:

judaspiss said:
Jason getting hazed by the other guys on tour.
Jason fucking rules! Too bad his stint with Ozzy was way too short...

The hazing sucks. I remember reading somewhere that the hazings were partly because of the other 3 guys' inability to cope with Cliff's death, so they took it out on Jason and somehow it just continues on and on somewhat til Jason left.

I think I read the same darn thing as you did. Some Metallica biography shit.
The tried burying his bass parts to show him that he's insignificant and that he can never replace Cliff.

DontDeRockMe said:
judaspiss said:
Kirk having trouble trying to nail down the solo for The Unforgiven and getting insulted by Bob Rock for that.
Haha, Bob Rock insulting Kirk... now that is something I would really love to see! :lol:

judaspiss said:
Jason getting hazed by the other guys on tour.
Jason loving rules! Too bad his stint with Ozzy was way too short...

The hazing sucks. I remember reading somewhere that the hazings were partly because of the other 3 guys' inability to cope with Cliff's death, so they took it out on Jason and somehow it just continues on and on somewhat til Jason left.

At one point Bob said "Let's hear the f**king Guitar Player Of The Year solo," when he's about to try to nail that Unforgiven solo for the upteenth time. You can see the strain and stress on Kirk's face.

Well, about the treatment of Newsted in the band is nothing new. There is one scene backstage where Jason was taking sandwiches from the catering, and Lars commented that Jason is too cheap to order room service even tho he's got millions of dollars. Jason said "I got plans for those millions and it ain't for f**king sandwiches." Haha, that was funny..

Just curious... Anyone's got the Voivod album that Jason played on? I've never heard of Voivod's music but am pretty curious to check out Jasonic's contribution to that album.

OMFG my message was just on mtv. I voted metallica and my comment of "get this sisy music off and play some METAL" was shown.

HELL YEAH!

judaspiss said:
The Seattle gig from Live Shit is I think the best representation of Metallica live. At that point they are already playing arenas, with a huge stage production, but at the same time, the band still has that early thrash energy. That's my all time favourite recorded live document of Metallica. This was also a time when James addressed the crowd as 'f**kers' instead of the current and more polite "baybeh' :D

I love the raw energy from those performances. Cunning stunts was really more for the new generation fans, and IMO it felt rather lacklustre. Plus Kirk with his dumbass black nails and eyeliner. :roll:

Where to get Live Shit? I checked Amazon, pricing was US$80+ for 4 discs or something. Clairvoyant doesn't seem to carry them, though I saw year and a half and cunning stunts.

I like AJFA most out of all the early days' stuff. Later stuff were like, meh. cept maybe for some good black album stuff.

Wow, this thread is going fast hehe.. :)

Just a few hours away and so many replies...

Yeah, i heard someone diss 'tallica in this thread?

Whoever hates the gods of metals i will kill him/her! Yes, though different people has different taste in music. But you cannot hate MetallicA.
Don't you guys agree? :D

I'll be a loyal fan of MetallicA even when they put out St.Anger, til the very end. And i say what i mean, and mean what i say, i won't take it back. :lol:

Stairwaytoheaven said:

Whoever hates the gods of metals i will kill him/her! Yes, though different people has different taste in music. But you cannot hate MetallicA.

I'll be a loyal fan of MetallicA even when they put out St.Anger, til the very end. And i say what i mean, and mean what i say, i won't take it back. :lol:

strong words u have back there...yes, metallica is the fore fathers of metal n i'll support them till the end also.... :wink:

haziq said:
Stairwaytoheaven said:

strong words u have back there...yes, metallica is the fore fathers of metal n i'll support them till the end also.... :wink:

The Metallica Tattoo on my chest says the thing ! They are the reason I picked up the guitar..they are everything to me

cool, u got a metallica tattoo on your chest...u know what, take a picture of it, n place it here...that will be cool...

This is julians, hope he dont mind me posting it.
tat.jpg

I plan on getting a tallica tat sometime soon aswell :D

theres also another softie who has an awesome tat:

Taken just after so it needed some healing

P1160001.jpg

Wow this is some cool shits!!! :lol:

Tattoo for MetallicA is definitely teh shit! :lol:

I wish i can put some up but definitely don't suit me lol.. :D

Yeah, MetallicA was a huge influence to me and everyone around the world.
They are the same reason i picked up guitar.

I believed MetallicA rule the era(long ago), other than Black Sabbath.
These 2 are just awesome they deserve the respect for years and years of music.

I heard somewhere, i think in one of their videos. Someone was saying "Black Sabbath Created Metal, Metallica Perfected It".

HELL YEAH!!!! \m/!

The guy who dissed talicca was joking, like look at the other thread about pantera pictures, he was talking bout metallica and stuff ... Guess this forum has a thing for targeting someone and everyone without any opinion whatsoever just attacks the same target ...

Back