The Keyboardists of SOFT

Hi guys, my name is Matthew, i am a pianist, well versed in classical and pop playing. I have many years of experience in performing solo recitals, choir accomp and teaching private piano lessons. I have a ATCL Recital (Distinction) in piano performance and currently waiting to start school in the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music to study with Prof Thomas Heclt - Head of Keyboard Studies.

Best Regards
Matt

Hi guys, my name is Matthew, i am a pianist, well versed in classical and pop playing. I have many years of experience in performing solo recitals, choir accomp and teaching private piano lessons. I have a ATCL Recital (Distinction) in piano performance and currently waiting to start school in the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music to study with Prof Thomas Heclt - Head of Keyboard Studies.

Best Regards
Matt

Hi, Matt...care to share your experience in performing solo recitals.
I'm also a pianist, studying for my ATCL in piano currently, and also hoping to get in Yong Siew Toh sometime, maybe after improving my standard).

Any tips on how to gain experience in piano performance?

Regards,
Ryan

Hi, Matt...care to share your experience in performing solo recitals.
I'm also a pianist, studying for my ATCL in piano currently, and also hoping to get in Yong Siew Toh sometime, maybe after improving my standard).

Any tips on how to gain experience in piano performance?

Regards,
Ryan

I felt that best way to gain experience first is to get a good teacher, as a good teacher will have chances for you to go for masterclass, competitions and concerts. And he or she will be able to help u play better. That's my 2 cents

hello is there any keyboardist who is interested in ambient post rock band??? bands like The Butterfly Effect, pg.lost, Pelican, Tides of Nebula, Thrice and etc..okay a little info about the band, we are Amusement Drive a five piece band but currently 3 members in the band, we were playing hardcore/screamo back then but now we change our type of playing to a much more easy listening kind of genre that is ambient/rock/acoustic. So we are currently for a keyboardist to fill up the slots, if you're interested in joining please contact at 82498671 fizzie. thank you for your time:)

Hello

I am gunjayman from the Philippines. I've tried doing piano lessons when I was in prep school and then again in highschool but failed to continue my studies since I felt that I was too old to learn piano. Heheh...
The truth is that I was lazy in reading notes and that is why I'd have my teacher play the piece first then would just copy what she did and she'd always get mad at me for that hihihi. :D

I formed a rock band with my friends in the 6th grade and that's where my keyboard playing story started. My last stint of playing the keys was with Reggae Mistress and Lady I (reggae/dancehall) and have played with them for more than 8 years now.

Recenlty left the Philippines started working in Singapore. Would like to meet musicians and share my talent and knowledge in Reggae/world music and would love to learn new tricks and tips from all of you.

Favorite Bands : Reggae Mistress, Lady I, Cocojam, Bob, Damien, and Ziggy Marley, Buju Banton, Capleton, The Police, Lady Saw, Beenie Man, Shaggy, Toots and the Maytals, U2, The Doors, Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, Thievery Corporation, D Sound, John Leggend, Brand New Heavies, Portis Head, Sergio Mendez, Lisa Ono and many more hahaha :D

Last edited:
Learnt piano since 9 years old back in 1993, got DipAB, now pursuing Jazz Piano full time. Was Music Director for NUS Piano Ensemble. Though not specifically a keyboardist, should be no problem handling. Hope to be able to meet many more people to play jazz and good pop with, and also play for some gigs too.

Hello all!!!

I learnt the piano since young, but when I grew up realized that I dun really like to play classical pieces (but I like to listen to them though =P). But anyways, got to grade 5. Now I do some pop playing, but I'm mainly a vocalist.

Now, I'm playing keys and singing in my band, but since I can't really multitask that well, both areas are compromised... So any keyboardists interested pls PM me!! Btw, we play jpop!!!

Hello all!!!

Now, I'm playing keys and singing in my band, but since I can't really multitask that well, both areas are compromised... So any keyboardists interested pls PM me!! Btw, we play jpop!!!

hello, the first band I joined in my teens also played Jpop; that's where I was introduced to X Japan !!!
Endless Rain and etc ...

Hi keys soft
I w put thru classical piano in childhood
I hated that however later I rediscovered music
Thru late 70s disco 80s new wave
& going back in time till it hit jimi h
I wanted to make those feedback sounds
So I got electric guitar & imitate
Then due to band changes I switched to bass
Then another round of changes I switched to keys
Now I do all three .. I'm mainly line6
I use kb37 to record I aiming to get Mac
So recording is more stable
I am constantly restless & experimenting
I seem to be hitting on space & depth & color
& life is great doing what I like cheers

any female keyboardist interested to play jpop/ looking to join a band not for fun ;)
please add me on msn: bombflakes@hotmail.com

Have been looking for a suitable keyboardist with decent skills like for ages ;)
Let me know that you saw this advert...thanks!

hello, the first band I joined in my teens also played Jpop; that's where I was introduced to X Japan !!!
Endless Rain and etc ...

Xjapan isnt jpop my dear...Xjapan is legendary and roots for Jrock...
Endless rain falls under the cat of...Rock ballads

ヒロト;1099702 said:
Xjapan isnt jpop my dear...
Xjapan is legendary and roots for Jrock...
Endless rain falls under the
cat of...Rock ballads

what I was trying to say is while I
was playing in the Japanese Pop/Rock band,

I was introduced to X Japan, be it Pop or Rock;
what I meant was I got to know
more about the Japanese music scene.

Besides, back then we were playing Princess Princess,
Show-ya, Kuwata band, Boowy, etc

Prior to that I was only listening to
the Checkers (Fuji Fumiya) and Anzenchitai

anyway thank you for your kind comments

cheers

Last edited:
so nice to read thru these post of great keyboardists in singapore and their abilities....

i am a keyboardist and i sing too and recently worked on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/misterjerek

classical piano was a journey but learning to improv on my own was incredible....

i am just a simple down to earth person.... in fact u wont even think i am a music person when u see me.....

take care!!
jeremy

Hi there! Are u currently in a band? Well actually my newly formed band is playing prog metal and would like to search for a keyboardist to play prog metal. It's really hard to find one tho. I know that this is an old thread but yeah.. I'm just asking.. :)

Latest posts

Back