The Keyboardists of SOFT

introz

hey all, im new here, just arrived to Singapore too last August and thx to my supervisor he introduces me this forum here.

Anywayz, just like Kai on the first page, I started learning organ when i was 7, then stopped after 2 years. Since then, I learned electone casually, without the proper note-reading book. Thanks to this too, I tend to be able to play just by hearing and improvize music pieces more, rather than play from music sheets.

Then 6 years passes by, I picked up piano just because my ex forces me to do so, just in case his parents want to do some show off shows on casual parties.
Took me 2 years to "move" my inactive left hand.

I now am addicted to piano, craving for it, and getting my digital piano soon. Been absent from it since August. and yeah currently lurking here too if someone has any secondhand digitals for sale =) cheerz!

Hi I'm new here too. I'm a pianist, largely self-taught although I've got a teacher to guide me after some time. I've got an LTCL and Lmus for piano and theory respectively. I also do composition since I entered MEP 2 years ago and have been guided by Dr Edwards of Yong Siew Toh. Currently going to enlist (in a week time). I was also attached to the SSO as a pianist before my A levels.

hobbyist keyboardist for a Blues band

hi guys

I don't mean to intrude but i guess this is a good ground as any to seek a keyboardist
for my Blues band. We are a hobby band playing for self pleasure strictly and giging occassionally when situation warrants. We are a ready 4 piece band and the 2nd guitarist
left recently due to business 'pressure'. Thats why we looking for a replacement and maybe seeking a competent keyboardist may be a better solution.

Looking for a matured guy who can committed to a once weekday nite practice. Minimum intermediate state of proficiency and not a "professional' but a hobbyist. We plays mostly progressive BLUES but can accomodate some Rock and Roll.

Anyone who is keen can sms or contact me Phil 91468939 for an immediate chat.

thanks a lot you guys and give me some positive response, CHEERS!

Re : Need A Keyboardist

Hi There,

I just got back from LA and would be interested to get tight with a keyboardist and guitarist here in Singapore for a number of gigs before going back to LA again for promo gigs with the same band in the near future.

That you are an experienced, creative individual who play for the love of music...not into the money like myself....

If you are keen or know of anyone,

My e-mail is at bionic_w2002@yahoo.com

Cherio!

Gerry

Im Dylan, and would love someone to reply to this so I can talk more about it.
I started playing Acoustic piano about 3 1/2 years ago, however I have never owned one. I have only been playing on keyboards. I recently got into synthesizer's and am freaking out. Haha, much different. I would love some help with them. I choose making my own pieces, but i also like covering some to.

Im luke, was playing classical piano since 4, but switched to keyboards and synths. currently owns a korg x50, but getting microkorg soon!! would love ppl to share their keyboard knowledge and jam together! stilll love playing classical sometimes though. 18 years old.

Hi Eimerz,

I read with great interest your posting in S.O.F.T

My name is Douglas and we have a Wedding Band outfit. We do paid wedding gigs and each individual is renumerated at least 50-100 per night.

We have assignments and I was wondering if you will be interested to join us. We have no egos and only aim is to make weddings memorable for the bride and groom.

Yes, we do acoustic and pop, as you can guess. its a genra that is more suited for weddings.

Here is a list of songs that we would like piano accompaniment if possible

1) Close to you - Carpenters

2) Welcome to my World - Jim Reeves

3) Words - Bee Gees

4) Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Currently, I do harmonica, sing and play the guitar. We also have a guitarist and a rusty pianist who prefers to sing apparently. Our line up is very flexible. Let me know if you want to meet with us and hopefully we can hear you play the above 4 songs.

Yours sincerely

Douglas

Hi to all members of SOFT. My name is Qi Xian and i'm been learning piano for 2 years. So far i have not take any exams but i'm able to play pieces much above my levels(i consider myself 'grade 0' well... not like i care).

To start off, my musical interest really begin from when i was around 15 years old when i first heard Stranvisky's Rite of Spring and loved it to the very end and i did research on music and staff and when i realized it, i cannot live without music. After 2 years, i decided to learn to play the piano.

My interest in musical genre will be classical and especially more of the 20th century and the baroque era. Which also reflect on my choices of pieces to learn. Well.... right now my goal is to learn and complete the whole 48 prelude and fugues from the Well Tempered Clavier by Bach after i finished up my Inventions and Sinfonia (i'm planning to learn all of them.).

As of how much time i spend on playing the piano, i would say i played daily and might take 4 to 5 hours during weekends or holidays. I totally addicted to it.

Anyway, it's great to be here and i would love to share my interest with everyone.

Last edited:
Hi emeprorcqx, Rite of Spring isn't a typical first piece to be introduced into the classics! It took me quite a while before I could appreciate Stravinsky (the first piece I heard from Stravinsky - more than 20 years ago - was Pulcinella; when I first heard it, my first reaction was "What on earth was that???" Took me quite a bit of effort to finish the entire ballet :)).

You're one of the few who really want to learn classical piano because you like it! Well done! And welcome to the world of classical piano and classical music! Bach's preludes and fugues are not difficult to play. But for you who started only 2 years ago, I'm pretty impressed you are taking it on. Keep it up!

Thank you Cheez. Right now i am still at Inventions and Sinfonia and i'm about to finished the whole pieces. I really enjoyed playing it, can't wait for Prelude and Fugues!!!!

Maybe i'm a little different since my first love was The Rite(which still is) and the likes of Bartok and Kodaly. My another mega fav is Bach, can't believe how music evolve to this extend.

Well, the piece that got me hooked ever since was actually Mahler's Symphony No. 1. I first heard it when I was 13 years old. And everything was never the same since. Even now, after more than 20 years later, Mahler is still my personal favourite. Next is Respighi. Then comes a list of the romantic composers.

Wow.. Respighi is good. I liked his 'Pines of Roman Wood' and his 'Ancient Dances and Air'. Mahler is good too, his Titan symphony is charming.

Finding keyboardists/pianists to play duets for leisure

Hi, im a classically trained pianist for 16 years now? haha. Since the age of 5 ^^. Well, i got ABRSM grade 8 in practical and 6 in theory. And a degree from lasalle in music which i just graduated a few months back. Im currently quite free and dont mind getting to know more pianists/keyboardists out there and maybe learn something about pop or jazz piano if he/she is willing to share. A duet partner would be cool too! Contact me at hp:91900546.
Valerie

:) happen to just see this thread...

I'm just learning LCM grading in piano...
and now finding time to practise some new age classicals.

Pieces that is played by Maksim, Yiruma...
and recently came across Yann Tiersen's works..

Also trying on Jay Chou's movie Secret pieces.

any pieces to recommend for training of the fingers?
:p

Latest posts

Back