The 13th Soft Drum Xchange Singapore at Geylang East Public Library - 15 August

It was nice to have such a good attendance today. Huge thanks to everyone for coming down. Yes James, the NLB staff's hospitality is impeccable! :)

Frummer, please help us convey our thanks to your friend. Very very nice pics!

Here are the pics that I took:
http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/dxs_mel/DXS Meetup 15 Aug 2009/

P1010234.jpg

great turn out for today,
kudos to all who shared whatever they know, their experience and drum gears.

apologise if i was caught half dozing off...was on night shift duty and didn't had a wink of sleep before i came for the exchange. wanted to help but alfe and the rest had already done so when i arrived at 1145am.

hope the next exchange, it'll turn out even better.
anyone with suggestions, shout it out!

Seems like a great turn out for the meet up today! Its a waste for me to not being able to turn up! My loss...

BUT I'm already excited for the next one, and I'm sure it will only get better! Kudos to those who turn up and shared today, you have definitely gained alot (knowledge, friendship, networks etc.).

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the next meet up!

It was my first time attending the soft drum exchange and I must say it really expose me to the different type of drummers that we have in Singapore. I was surprised that there were some drummers who were also into gospel drumming! I learn a lot from the exchange; from warmup exercises to the Rodney Holmes's cowbell groove. Now, the exchange has to motivate to a better drummer and improve! Can't wait for the next drum exchange!:)

- Ridwan Ridwan

"Which is better? Singles on Double Pedals OR Doubles on Single Pedal?"

woah looks so much fun. did everyone there play? any girls take the drums on?haha. WHENS THE NEXT ONE(((:)

some did, some didn't...i think there were a few ladies there but i'm not sure if they're drummers. why don't you be the first girl to play on the set at the next xchange? haha!

it'll be next month, won't be long :) there'll be updates so keep coming back to the forum to see if there're anything new!

ah, was there at the xchange. it surely has taught many new insights.. an incredible experience! from that samba-ish 3 against 4 ostinato groove to that Rodney Holmes cowbell groove.. so eargasmic! thanks guys, for the event! Looking forward to the next meetup!

Hi fellow drummers,

We hope you have enjoyed this month's Soft DXS Programme!

Please email your ideas & suggestions to drumxchangesingapore@gmail.com to help us continue to refine and improve DXS programme.

The kind folks at NLB Geylang East were pleased to see so many people enjoy themselves on Saturday.

They have offered to bolster their music borrowing section with new books & DVDs, and they want us to pick the titles.

If you've been wanting to borrow a copy of Benny Greb's The Vocabulary of Drumming, Jojo Mayer's Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer or Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials Version 2.0, here's your chance!

Please send your requests to drumxchangesingapore@gmail.com

We will compile and forward them request to stock copies of the books/DVDs.

Thanks and have a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Team DXS

Thanks for the Exchange.

Was my first time there. Thrown into water pretty much straight away. Shared a little more than played. Hope at least one person brought home something from what I had to share from my experience. Apologies if I didn't do a good enough job in my playing that day cos I was totally unprepared to play. It was an eye opener for me though! Thanks again DXS Team for the effort. Jeremy - the botak in the red specs.

Kudos to the organising committee~

It was a great session, I got to learn much about drumming techniques and saw many different styles~~.

Latest posts

Back