SOFT wants to contact all gig organisers

I think this thing would be so much better if organizers of Baybeats and Sonic Fest is in cos they do two of Singapore's biggest gigs. Also show promoters like LAMC, Lushington, LOUD & UNUSUAL

HeartRockSingapore said:
I think this thing would be so much better if organizers of Baybeats and Sonic Fest is in cos they do two of Singapore's biggest gigs. Also show promoters like LAMC, Lushington, LOUD & UNUSUAL

1 outta 4 of the baybeats team will be present anthony.

i could ask gordon of wakemeupmusic for you, if you like.
(ginette/nick of wallworks and razi of rockstarcollective too.)

all very busy dudes and dudettes but i'm sure they could try to make it.

till then everyone. peace.

ben.

Maybe James may want to adviseon the proposed AGENDA for all gig organizers to have smoe time to thnk about rather than going unprepared. Perhaps some form of concept paper can also do. What do you think?

wylduer

please help me relay the messege to gordon, ginette, nick and razi. thanks a zillion!

HeartRockSingapore

once we confirmed the meeting time, i will email the outline of the meeting too.

maybe for a first meeting, we dont want it to be too 'meeting'. we are not a committee, just gather and share our experience and bring up some ideas on improving the overall gig scenario currently and for the near future.

things like:

free vs paid
good vs better
few vs more
why vs why not?
can vs should
individual vs group
gain vs loss

ha..ha.. these are the general stuff i feel requires some attention. it applies to many issues. but let us not choke on the first meeting.

get some feedback, see if there is a general direction that we can work towards. networking within the industry!!! if that is the one that is done, we have a fruitful meeting.

we could do it here at EarShot :)

Just lemme know when.

or if there's lots of us, i can check to see if there's a room upstairs available.

hi Earshot, thanks for 'sponsoring' the venue.

ok, will email eveyone on the list of when this is going to happen.

1. HeartRockSingapore
2. AgingYouth
3. GrimBrody
4. Trippyfactory
5. XTREME-BOY
6. EarShot (venue owner)
7. d_wheels
8. Mindseye Records
9. AHBOY (tntmusic)
10. wylduer (Doubleyellowline)
11. FUBAR (Voideck Music)
12. LadyfestSG

Any chance there's a 2nd meeting?

Sorry for the delay in response. Any chance is there a 2nd forum?
Trippy Factory is ressurecting.

Cheers,
RF/TF

There are quite a few of these special people who relentlessly help to organise gigs. Some are pretty experienced and some are starting out.

I just thought it might be a good idea if gig organisers could come together and have a little gathering to have some food while we share some 'war stories'.

If you are a gig organiser and feel that this is a cool idea, please contact me at info@soft.com.sg or put your name below.

Boss - your Moderator me - is also somehow - a small small Free Gig Organiser.

Hey James,
I'm new hear and for sure i'm new. Well, not only gigs performance but i do competitions too, basically for Dance N Music Industry. Any gatherings i'm up for it. Anyway, just to spread the love for musicians/bands, i'm organizing a band comp this upcoming June. Rise of the Bands 2011. Hear form you soon and from all the Musicians & Organizers around.

Love,
Faszley
PiattaFormaDotSg

Back