Schecter Appreciation Thread.

oh my really?! that's really cheap! i'm new to schecters but i thought this series are MIK?

[edit]
called Davis, they said that they are MIK. but from what i've read and pics i've seen, they're 'crafted in china'. don't know what that means.

black cherry isn't available.. but i can order, will come in 3-4 months!

Last edited:
My syn custom :D

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Last edited:
Hey murf, sorry for this super late reply... Haven't been active for a year... Schecters now are made in china. Only older models are south korean.. So... Yeah...

There are simillar models that are made in Korea and China (im sure of this for BC Rich). I would prefer to purchase the Korean made version.

Last edited:
Wow long forgotten about this thread.
Anyways, my Schecter Loomis 7 string with D'addario 10s, if only I could find Ernie Ball 7s around here in SG.
Got this from a fellow softie a couple months back, its kinda heavy, much heavier than my brother's C7.
SDC10647.jpg

SDC10659.jpg

SDC10669.jpg

P1090453.jpg

The neck is definitely thicker and fatter than the RG. However the feel of it is awesome, satin finish is really a breeze to play on, smoother than on the Ibanez IMO.

I see. How about the EMGs? diggin them? I never heard a EMG and Alder body combo.

The only thing I don't like about the Loomis is that it doesn't have a tone knob.

Its actually ash bodied. Sounds kinda mid rangey and ballsy, I like clarity on the 7th string doesn't mud up easily.

I personally don't really like EMGs but they do the job just fine, not so well on cleans. The EMGs aren't very hot unlike the typical 81 85 combo compared to the 707s in these. I don't really have much use for a tone knob on the 7 so that doesn't bother me, but I totally hate the pickup selector.

oh man, I always thought it was alder. might have gotten mixed up with the Washburn N7.

Pickup selector is being blocked by the knob but you'll get used to it somehow. If Jeff can do it, you can too haha.

There are simillar models that are made in Korea and China (im sure of this for BC Rich). I would prefer to purchase the Korean made version.

Same here. I'm down to only 2 old Schecter guitars now, both MIK. Might add another MIJ to my collection, but definitely trying my level best to avoid MIC.

xfigox, killer axe you have there!

Latest posts

Back