Right to Left Handed Bass

whitestar

Hello to all bass player here! :D

Would like to seek a little help or rather assistance.

Well just recently, before my friend left Singapore, he gave me his bass (made of wood), because he knew I need one. But unfourtantly, it is a right-handed bass, and sadly, I play a left handed bass guitar/guitar.

So what are the factors I must throw in, in order to make the bass from right-handed to left?

I know I must
  • swop the nuts (that holds the strings) the opposite way.
  • swop the strings.
  • change the location of the control and jack plug to its opposite position (since is made up of wood) and cover/blend same wood and colour used on to the guitar.
    Shift the Strap Button, which already have done so.

What other factor I must throw in? Thanks people! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think u really almost got it.
Wat i did wif Yazid lovehunter bass is tat i use an arcylic to cover the entire affected area/space inclusive of the new opposite side for the new location of all pots&jack after routing is done.
Blending with same wood is not adviceable

I think u really almost got it.
Wat i did wif Yazid lovehunter bass is tat i use an arcylic to cover the entire affected area/space inclusive of the new opposite side for the new location of all pots&jack after routing is done.
Blending with same wood is not adviceable
Ah! Hey! Thanks! But Why blending with same wood is not adviceable? And I will cover up those mend patch (if not properly done) with other stuff (e.g. stickers).

And I heard that guitar neck is designed to withstand the tension of the strings and if all of the tension is removed for any significant amount of time you could damage your guitar. If this the case, How am I suppose to remove the nut? :confused:

Back