Post your favorite stomp box

huxleyrittman

ITT- Post your single favorite stomp box on your pedal board, regardless of whether its an od, a wah, a mod. effect, etc. (and explain why)

I'll start. Has to be either my Boss NS-2 noise suppressor- Perfect for its price, cuts off like 97% of feedback, without cutting any tone

OR

Electro Harmonix pocket metal muff. Guess it doesn't count, because i don't have it yet :p Going to pick it up later next week :p

ITT- Post your single favorite stomp box on your pedal board, regardless of whether its an od, a wah, a mod. effect, etc. (and explain why)

I'll start. Has to be either my Boss NS-2 noise suppressor- Perfect for its price, cuts off like 97% of feedback, without cutting any tone

OR

Electro Harmonix pocket metal muff. Guess it doesn't count, because i don't have it yet :p Going to pick it up later next week :p

hahah my favourite should be the blackstar ht-distx

I would say the distortion is thick creamy and cuts through the mix gracefully

Retrosonic Preamp, which is basically a modern upgraded Boss FA-1.
It seriously is a game changer, and as cliche as it sounds, it "makes everything better".

The Baxandall EQ is very powerful and the treble on this unit is very similar to the sparkle on a VOX (along with the midrange content due to the Baxandall nature). It means clean even more jangly and makes distortions sound more full yet open at the same time. Plus the sheer volume on tap makes it a great solo boost where if you set the EQ at noon, it is a flat boost.

For me, it's the Xotic EP Booster. It warms up any guitar signal and turns average amps into great amps, or turns digital signals (like thru a multi-fx like a POD) from sterile and lifeless to nice and warm. I have two of these on my pedalboard, following a tip from Allen Hinds, to cater to the different situations where a pre-OD EP Booster gives the OD more girth and bite, and a post-OD EP Booster provides clarity and articulation.

Pedalboard05-EPv1.jpg

Back