Post-rock

Plastic

Well, I tried searching for the really old thread but it got lost. So yeah.

Here's to talk about anything everything, releases, reviews, whatnots.

I found Irepress's Sol Eye Sea I to be the record to beat this year.
Hymm to the immortal wind is, mono. Nothing out of this world, yet nothing under average.
Wavering radient by Isis didn't wow me too much..
Awaiting to hear Tertia by Caspian.

Hope to see more like-minded fans here :D

PS: Anyone heard Russian Circle's leaked out stuff yet? Been trying not to hear it..

Last edited:
Sol Eye Sea I's album art is super pretty right!

Check out Pelican's Ephemeral Ep and their upcoming split with Young Windows.
Jesu's Infinity album and upcoming Split.

Last edited:
Caspian's Tertia is awesome.... with what i have been listening to so far. Slightly different from Four Trees. Darker, heavier...

Haven't heard the new Pelican split with Young Widows yet (although i love YW's Old Wounds.. perfect for those angry angsty moments) but I caught Pelican in Texas in March and it's a lot more dense, droney ... prob due to the label change of Southern Lord from Hydrahead

Yeah, Tertia is really good. The last 3 songs are near perfect. And the last 30 seconds of the album are a textbook on how to end a record properly :)

Is the new Jesu out already? looking forward to that!

Yeah the new pelican album.
Great artwork,
pelican.jpg

But really, I'm still waiting to hear geneva, will pop on caspian when I got the time to sit down for an album.

ah.. I'm feeling "Wire Were Towers" by Maserati, "A Greatness At the Cost of Goodness" by Saxon Shore and "Taijin Kyofusho" by The Evpatoria Report.

You should try regional bands like Deepset and KLPHQ too. And drums in New Macabre by Russian Circles really blew me away!

I just love this, one of my favourite songs of all time

Rocket fall on rocket falls by Godspeed! you black emperor (legendary!)

The music video is stunningly beautiful in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV83U4CDAx4

I also like Moonlight and ashes in the snow by Mono.

The thing I like most about post rock is how it communicates with you wordlessly.

i dont listen to alot of post-rock, but the ones that i do listen to, i really really like. mostly the mainstream ones though.

whenever i listen to 65daysofstatic's radio protector and retreat retreat!, i feel a sense of optimism. hahaha. i dunno how to explain, but thats how i feel. gets me every single time.

explosions in the sky is another band i really like. and of course, our very own amateur takes control and i am david sparkle. and also envy, although they incorporate screaming vocals, it fits seamlessly creating something so beautiful and crushing at the same time. dont know if they fit into the post rock genre in general.

thinking of getting into mogwai. any particular songs or albums for me to look out for?

topmost post rock/rost pock albums to hear n' own:

Mogwai - Young Team / Come On Die Young / EP / The Hawk Is Howling
Tortoise - s/t / Millions Now Living Will Never Die / TNT
Labradford - Mi Media Naranja / Fixed:Context
Godspeed You Black Emperor - F♯A♯∞
Bark Psychosis - Hex
Main - Motion Pool
Kreidler - Weekend
Tone Rec - Thugny Trugny / Pholcus
Radian - Rec Extern / Juxtaposition
Mono - Under The Pipal Tree

I love Maybeshewill, Explosions and Russian Circles.....

HARPER LEWIS by Russian Circles is epic...check out the cool tapping and looping sequences in their song "death rides a horse too"... :D

topmost post rock/rost pock albums to hear n' own:

Mogwai - Young Team / Come On Die Young / EP / The Hawk Is Howling
Tortoise - s/t / Millions Now Living Will Never Die / TNT
Labradford - Mi Media Naranja / Fixed:Context
Godspeed You Black Emperor - F♯A♯∞
Bark Psychosis - Hex
Main - Motion Pool
Kreidler - Weekend
Tone Rec - Thugny Trugny / Pholcus
Radian - Rec Extern / Juxtaposition
Mono - Under The Pipal Tree

You missed out those Icelandic coo-ers. :)
Sigur Ros - agaetis byrjun, (),Takk

anyway come check out the new KittyWu Records online store....
We still have stock of Deepset, Mono's Hymn :)

perhaps it aint soft loud soft loud post rock, but pretty much tour with some of the postrock fellas, i absolutely dig eluvium!

and couple of others which is in similar sound with some differences, stars of the lid, windy and carl, growing, polmo polpo, yellow 6.

i like my drone clean!

thinking of getting into mogwai. any particular songs or albums for me to look out for?

I believe the album of " Young Team " or " Rock Action " would be good.
Some songs that are good would be like, Glasgow Mega-snake, Cody, Mogwai fear Satan, Take me somewhere nice..

Yes Eluvium! Didn't really dig an accidental memory in the case of death, maybe too much piano.. But the rest of their stuff are gooood.

Listening to caspian right now, nothing short of impressive, I feel their best work so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back