over rated and under rated guitar brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
why thank you, i'm sure you are very proud of pulling off another useless sarcastic oh so funny lameass remark.

DUDE. I just said something negative about TGP and something positive about you!

At least your thread has proper discussions and reasons why a certain brand is overrated and underrated, unlike TGP where they don't even give reasons and whack random names here and there.

Seriously you owe me an apology.

The only difference between the "discussion" here and on TGP is, on TGP, everyones reply is:

Overhyped: Brand X

Underhyped: Brand Y

and so on so forth, hardly any explaination.

The way I see it, those guys know what happens once they start explaining so they don't bother doing so. Then it becomes a train crash. You know it won't be pretty when it hits but you want to continue looking, just for sheer heck of it.

^ very funny eh ymmak. it seems to me that this forum no longer supports discussion of music/gear related topics. everyday i go to music kopitiam i see edmw style topics, now why don't you chip in your valuable sarcastic remarks there?

Hey, why are you so worked up?

When I said that, I didnt intend it to be a sneering or cutting remark, rather, I said it with the intention of it being a joke, a comic relief, something to be laughed about. I believe I am entitled to joking, as much as you are entitled to give your opinion of which guitars are over/underrated.

If my sense of humor doesnt appeal to you, or even appear offensive to you, then I am truly sorry. If it appeases you, I can add a disclaimer to the post saying "this is meant as a joke, not a sarcastic remark."

my only beef is with the general public over or under rating certain brands,

you can't blame em. they dont over rate certain brands, they just talk about certain brands more because its more well known...
if you're saying that the guitars suck and many people are saying its good, then thats different. thats perception already.

i think van halen started a pretty interesting thread. I was hoping to see 1 hardcore fan of gibson(or whatever brand) defending the brand like a hooligan...hahaha.....

another opinion from me :
AXL is underrated :D

i think van halen started a pretty interesting thread. I was hoping to see 1 hardcore fan of gibson(or whatever brand) defending the brand like a hooligan...hahaha.....

another opinion from me :
AXL is underrated :D

Gibson is the best guitar brand ever!! When I play a Les Paul I think I sound like Jimmy Page or sometimes like Randy Rhoads. But when I play another Les Paul that's not Gibson I sound like shit..... :twisted:

Gibson is the best guitar brand ever!! When I play a Les Paul I think I sound like Jimmy Page or sometimes like Randy Rhoads. But when I play another Les Paul that's not Gibson I sound like shit..... :twisted:

hahahahahah its probably psychological, but i concur!

yeah i think a guitar duel or showdown should solve this problem. will bring to light the fact that pple spend way to much time squabbling about really petty stuff. people dont you realise some things are just subjective? talk about opening a can of worms.

u guys wanna be good guitarists? i dont see dhalif or brandon spending meaningless hours doing keyboard wars. music is complex enough as it is already. and this happens to be a nice forum. keep it that way.

yeah i think a guitar duel or showdown should solve this problem. will bring to light the fact that pple spend way to much time squabbling about really petty stuff. people dont you realise some things are just subjective? talk about opening a can of worms.

u guys wanna be good guitarists? i dont see dhalif or brandon spending meaningless hours doing keyboard wars. music is complex enough as it is already. and this happens to be a nice forum. keep it that way.

then what is a forum for? for people to agree with everyone else? everyone must be like you? and why mention other people's names? everybody must be like them? instead of spending your time typing this why don't you go become a scientist and win the nobel price for cloning humans so you can create a clone army of yourself which champions the cause of having no opinions but in reality is just shoving your opinion down an entire forum's throats because nobody in the forum apart from you is supposed to discuss gear and have an opinion?

look, hero/champion/smarty, what makes you think this opinion of yours is not as worthless as the next forumer's opinion?

get off that high horse, you look awkward sitting on the saddle with a fence stuck on it.

ooo. thats nice. and if i ever met u in real life id slice off your balls and feed them to you. that is if u have any. gday =)

I see that you are portraying yourself to be hero defending the right to an opinion.

yes its a noble cause, but stop using the freedom of opinion excuse to post meaningless discussions.

Just because the internet is a free place to post your opinion it doesnt mean that you have to abuse that right, it doesnt mean that you must air those opinions

Some opinions are more worth hearing out than others,
some opinions are more likely offend people than others,
some opinions are more ignorant than others,

Nevertheless, you are still 'free' to express those opinions if you want to, but there will be consequences.

van halen...

you know, people have the right to say that your thread is pointless.
remember that.
so why are you insulting EVERYONE of them? as in every single one.
instead, just explain and prove your point on why you posted this thread and how it might actually be meaningful.

its like you're saying the whole world's mad except you...

^^ funktastic, wow, and you are whacking me instead of hifi_killer and penta-tonic? i thought better of you. i started a thread discussing gear, these 2 jackasses come in to offer their condescending remarks, without even discusing the topic, insulted me, and i'm the one being whacked? they have the right to post stupid insults and i have the right to reply too.

i'm not whacking anyone. i'm just saying, you shouldnt go so far to the extent to call people jackass. its just rude...

and you know, you can stop everyone flaming you if you post a concrete argument on why you started this thread since theres seems to be a need for many people to know. just explain and yourself and no one would continue saying that this thread is pointless...
i understand to some it may have some value, after all it does raise some questions. but to others it might not.
so everyone has the right to say its has value or not.

munch.gif
Haha I love TGP!!

mobat9.gif
Okay I'm outta here
hidesbehindsofa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back