how to...doublebassage

rockdrummerboi

uhm...here i am again...asking another thought-provoking question...how do i make the reaction of my double-bass pedal faster?i mean the reaction of the bass-pedal...how fast it returns to normal position?as of right now i have a pacific double bass pedal..i knoe its not that great...came with my first set...but how do i make the reaction time faster?uhm...tell me wut yall think...ive tried changing the springs...no change...or shud i just buy a new double bass pedal?if i do which do u recommend?iron cobra's are too expensive... :twisted:

tighten the springs for faster action. but ya like what the previous poster says, you need to practice to get somewhere, the pedals ain't gonna do anything to help you. those pros that i know, they just sit in and play with whatever's on the kit at the moment, or play the pedals right out of the box.

I've use these techniques it works:
1. Start sloooooooooow and concentrate on the crispiness of your double pedalling. you must not hear swiss triplets. the note comes one after another in a clockwork. spend at least 30 mins per day for your double pedals.
2. buy a metronome and use it.
3. count out loud.
4. increase speed as you get comfortable a few days/weeks later.
repeat.
5. go to gym and sweat it out. built your legs, back and abdominal muscles for endurance. Also running, sprinting (not jogging) helps your shin build up some muscle, cause there's little exercise you can do to build up the shin, except heels down pedalling.
6. do double pedals everywhere, in the loo, in the mrt, in the bus, in your classroom, on bed, whilst sitting down watching tv, whilst watching an opera in victoria concert hall. and don't annoy people pedalling using that heavy shoes.
repeat.
you'll be a better double pedaller after some time.

Oh yeah I forget to add on. The no.1 greatest double pedal is yourself. Instruments are made just to assist us partially.

Back