Help on Logic!!

offy1

Hi,
Im currently using logic platinum 5.5.0, together with a SC-88 pro sound module.. However, im only limited to the standard 127 midi sounds, despite the fact that my module has 1000 over sounds.. Heard from some that i nd to copy some environment stuff over.. But how do i exactly do that?? Pls advise.. Thks..

offy1 said:
Hi,
Im currently using logic platinum 5.5.0, together with a SC-88 pro sound module.. However, im only limited to the standard 127 midi sounds, despite the fact that my module has 1000 over sounds.. Heard from some that i nd to copy some environment stuff over.. But how do i exactly do that?? Pls advise.. Thks..

You will have to enter the Environment window, select new -> multi instrument. You should be able to get your sounds in the multi-instruments (by selecting different sound banks). OR you can search and download the environment from the Logic users site. You can also create your own environment - a little more troublesome and complicated but it is all in the thick manual.

Btw, where did you get your Logic 5? I've been trying to upgrade mine but it seems nobody sells them anymore - only for Mac.

I got it quite long ago.. Forgot when n where.. Btw i dun quite get wad u mean.. I opened the environment window n clicked new followed by 'multi instrument' but only another number pad appeared with slashes on some nos.. how do i get the sounds from my module?? Sorri..

OK. Easiest way out - download the environment patch from here:
http://www.swiftkick.com/

They have an environment patch for SC88 Pro.

Logic has a steep learning curve. But once you get the environment going, things are pretty smooth sailing.

You only have to import the environment you downloaded (under "Options -> Import Environment").

Look through the manual again - it is all very clearly stated in it.

Back