Heaven and Hell (Dio & Black Sabbath) in Singapore!

I was screaming my heart out for every song..just going soft for Die Young to save energy..haha..

I think set list is
Mob Rules
I
Children Of The Sea
The Sign Of The Southern Cross
Computer God
Falling Off The Edge of The World
Voodoo
Heaven And Hell
Neon Knights

did I get that right?
Most of the songs were extended till awesomeness.

yea!! Heaven and Hell was extended till it was orgasmic.

Everysong that they played last night was so energetic..OMG

All headbangable as ever..It must be cos of the "Live" factor. The bass guitar was so ballsy! My lungs were vibrating.. The drums also sounded very big.. I think the whole sound setup was very gd.. Iommi's guitar was abit trebley but maybe cos of my position relative to the speakers

hallo

le setlist is here

PA271524.jpg

freaking awesome! best concert i've seen so far.. but damn the song above neon knights, i'm guessing is "Shadow of the Wind".

i think it's not that popular amongst us so maybe they take it off? i don't know

but the show's still awesome!

best gig of the year, but it's quite short, only slightly more than an hour, should be 2
anyway i got a Tony's pick today and yesterday i got Dave's band arm, freaking lucky haha

Biggest crowd at Fort anning I've seen.
Crowd consist of many generations from 10 puls to 60 plus?
One international school, made up of teens even has a school trip type of attendance at the show,
assembling and taking attandence before going in, cool!!!

Thank you James for making my dream come true!!!

p.s. Tony Iommi smiled for my camera!!! Muahahahaha!

Singapore has hosted some of the most influential figures in metal music -Butler, Iommi, Dio, Mustaine - in the short span of two days.
We are so blessed.

freaking awesome! best concert i've seen so far.. but damn the song above neon knights, i'm guessing is "Shadow of the Wind".

i think it's not that popular amongst us so maybe they take it off? i don't know

but the show's still awesome!

Shadow of the wind? Cancelled..aww that's a let down.
But damn,the setlist was freaking COOL.
No regrets at all. I wish I got an Iommi pick though.

One thing that keeps me curious is what pedal was Geezer using for The Sign? it's so freaking cool..that swell and such! His method has always been cool..check out the old vids..he's really fast..and precise..

Last edited:
that was such a great night. very impressed about dios voice. only 1 dissapointment: they didnt play After All (The Dead)

Thanks a lot for the wonderful photos~!! ^__~*

Heaven and Hell was extremely powerful last night and will always be~!! Once again, after Megadeth, Heaven and Hell too, performed under the bright full moon~ Like as though all was fated~ Like as though I was in a very special place, in a kind of dreamland. I still cannot believe that they and Megadeth actually came to Singapore even up till now~! I am still under these two awesome bands' powerful spell, it will take quite sometime before I could fine-tune myself cause things have to be back to normal, people need to go back to work, school, etc... Just imagine that you are still daydreaming about them while you are at work/school~! @.@;;

I certainly have no idea why they didn't perform "Shadow of the Wind" if this was the song which they were supposed to perform but didn't. Does anybody know out there?? In fact all their new songs kicked serious ass, not only the much older ones. I am actually quite surprised that they didn't perform any of the 3 new songs from "The Dio Years" cd. ^^

But no matter, on 2 occasions, I almost burst into tears. I was really so overwhelmed by what has been happening. Heaven and Hell's presence was just so godlike~ Like as though they really came from heaven and hell, and together we all will go to heaven and hell with them~ Dio commanded absolute attention from all of us, and natually we were all drawn into the magical world of Heaven and Hell~ ^^;;

The stage was so well decorated, when a friend hinted to me that I haven't seen the actual thing yet, as though this set up was considered simple already. The set up went perfectly well with Heaven and Hell I really must say, the clothes they wore, the songs they performed, the aura and all, and of course the beautiful lightings~! The members were so near to us but yet so far away, just like when Megadeth performed on Friday. ^^;;

Even though I am a short person, standing right in front facing Dio, even though when I was being pushed around, sandwiched, whatever, being blocked at times, and even though I am physically a weak person, I tried all I could to withstand everything as much as possible, while at the same time showing my full support to Heaven and Hell~ I was just lucky that I have a caring and considerate friend standing beside me. Frankly speaking, even though if my friend was not there with me. I was/am still more than willing to stay there, just like everyone else~ I expected minor injuries from me, but was very surprised that on 2 nights I am fine~ ^^;;

My friend's friend was kind enough to rush to the booth to get the tees for us while we all waited patiently in front of the stage. Man, he was fast! ;)

My friend and myself were extremely happy when Dio pointed at us with his devil horn sign directly towards the end of the concert, and earlier on, I was waving fanatically at Dio, and unexpectedly he actually gave me/us a less than 1/2 a second smile with a wave back. It was so unbelievably priceless~!! \^___^/

I sincerely did enjoy every song performed by them. Before the whole thing ended, I was extremely lucky to be able to get Geezer's pick~!! When the kind bodyguard picked it up from the ground and gave it to me. I was very thankful and grateful to him. It was so embarrassing, when he gave the pick to me, I clenched onto it tightly immediately with my fist without opening to see how the pick looked like, bursting into tears, crying... -____-;;

Even when my friend asked me about the precious thing in my fist, I only opened my fist slightly and then clenched it back again. Well, my friend didn't see anything only untill later on I showed him when I gradually recovered from my "emo" mode... ><;;;

He told me that I must treasure it, well of course~!! ^^;

My goodness, I was uncontrollable at that point of time~ I was shocked myself~ -___-;;

But well, somehow I felt that it was all more than worth it since I queued up very early just for this special concert, and in the end, it was like after the so-call "grand battle" I was rewarded with something so precious that money can never buy, I will always treasure those wonderful moments with not only Heaven and Hell, Megadeth too~ =)

1st I was inspired by Steve Vai's blue-tinted glasses, and I told myself that one day I want to make a pair of blue-tinted glasses for myself too. And now, after seeing Tony Iommi's blue-tinted glasses, I swear that I will make a pair for myself to honour him and also Steve Vai in future~ ^^

Oh well, just sharing some of my thoughts and experiences with everyone here, thank you for reading~ ><;;

Last edited:
alrite! finally my pics are up, sorry for the delay!

i hope there are softies inside some of my pics.

DSC_7472.jpg

DSC_8792.jpg

eh, i pasted the link for more, can't see the link? juz curious cuz ure not the 1st to ask...

great pics amaka!

Did anybody else notice how the window with a cross prop came to play? They shone a light in from outside the window causing this brilliant beam of "what seemed to be" moonlight shining in! The little things really made the gig a memorable one.

Back