Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
7430174384_189528eb70_h.jpg

What a good looking collection!
Is that a McInturff? How's it? I wonder how different it is from the Collings.

What a good looking collection!
Is that a McInturff? How's it? I wonder how different it is from the Collings.

It's a Mcinturff Forum Guitar #03 of 25. Originally loaded with Dimarzio P90s and now changed to Lollar P90s and CTS pots. It's a chambered body so sounds different compared to the 290 which is a raw Blues machine.

@ZoomP, great collection you have there mate, fine choices!

Thanks! I can't get enough of them. Here's what they are from left to right:

2010 PRS Willcutt Guitar ed DC245; 2004 R9; 2001 Yamano R7; 2011 Collings Doghair 290; 2000 McInturff Forum Guitar; 1999 Don Grosh Retro Classic

I used to co-host the Mcinturff forum when it first started. Here's the history on the Forum Guitar:

FG#1 – Forum Guitar Project, 2000

In February of 2000, the idea to start a forum guitar project was born. Jake Kurdsjuk spearheaded the process, spending untold hours on it; the FG#1 would have never materialized without his efforts. Forum members had much discussion on the subject. In the end, Terry offered two proposals, both proposals being variations on existing designs with cosmetic input from the forum. The options were: (a) an all mahogany guitar with specially-designed pickups; or (b) a mahogany body and maple top platform with a specially tuned semi-hollow but non-ported body – essentially a Royal II with no port.

After much debate, the forum members voted and the second option won out. Each person ordering a guitar had the choice of flame or quilted maple top, Standard or ‘57 neck carve, and several premium finishes at no up-charge. Gold hardware and Sperzel locking tuners were additional to the price, which ended up being about $2350 street. The guitars were produced in October through December of 2000.

It's a Mcinturff Forum Guitar #03 of 25. Originally loaded with Dimarzio P90s and now changed to Lollar P90s and CTS pots. It's a chambered body so sounds different compared to the 290 which is a raw Blues machine.

Hey Dave, good to see you sharing your amazing stable of guitars here! Very astute selection!

There's a slight change to the gear. R7 gold top went back to the previous owner. I got an Anderson hollow drop top. Koa top mahogany back, rosewood neck.

8216107633_7107cda06e_b_d.jpg

401213_10151311843566539_423584879_n.jpg

My custom repeat percussion tremolo arrived from Sweden today! In sexy pink :)

Mucho thanks to Niklas from nicofx !

Ngd!

photo1.jpg

Traded my LP Trad 1960 in for a 2005 Fender CS Custom Classic Telecaster. It's a nice, modern match to my more vintage-styled '51 Nocaster. Gotta love that 4-way switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back