+

IMG_0067.jpg
+

IMG_0066.jpg
+

IMG_0138_zps8a16a766.jpg

:D sorry the pics are so huge

Just replaced the OCD with an ecstacy red, SOUNDS AWESOME

oh the les paul is a 2007 custom, aged pelham blue with shed paf daddys, tele is a wildwood 10 all stock and the amp is an electric amp innovations mv120 , cab has eminence man o wars

IMG_0139_zps609dadca.jpg
+

IMG_0067.jpg
+

IMG_0066.jpg
+

IMG_0138_zps8a16a766.jpg

oh the les paul is a 2007 custom, aged pelham blue with shed paf daddys, tele is a wildwood 10 all stock and the amp is an electric amp innovations mv120 , cab has eminence man o wars

Wow your LP really goes with amp haha! Is that Wildwood Tele a Thin Skin? Oh and more details about the amp! Inspired by Orange Amps?

Wow your LP really goes with amp haha! Is that Wildwood Tele a Thin Skin? Oh and more details about the amp! Inspired by Orange Amps?

Hey, yup the wildwood 10 is a thin skin. Electric amps are actually Matamp USA who built the original orange amps so technically orange amps are inspired by my amp haha. Really long story about the background of Matamp/Orange but basically it sounds like an Orange OR120 with a lot more bass presence and gain.

The story of Matamp and Orange is quite interesting.. I've been a huge Peter Green fan so I've naturally been very interested in his amps. Here's what I ripped off from another forum for those who are interested.

Mat was an electronics engineer with a shop since 1945, he was known as "The Radio Doctor". In 1958 he incorperated the company name "Radio Craft". He worked with and dabbled with Hi-FI equipment and setup a small recording studio. By the early 60's he had made an amplifier called a S2000 because guitarists were looking for a new sound besides Vox. Mat knew Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac and became thier soundman and amp tech, revising equipment while on tours making them beefier and more road worthy. Matamp produced a tube reverb tank for Peter Green's S2000 and he used that to record the song "Albatross" which brought great fame to the Matamp sound.

Cliff Cooper owned a music shop in London named "Orange" selling mostly used equipment. In the later 60's He heard of Mat Mathias and his Matamp amplifier equipment. Cliff wanted to sell his own brand of amps because he was having a hard time stocking new brandnames due to money and being a small scale store. Mat and Cliff swung a deal on Tube amplification, the first amps were tolexed in black till Cliff got some ORANGE. The "Orange" Matamp was born with some changes to the circutry. Cliff and Mat made many pieces of equipment together. Thier brand became very well known in the UK and was the only lines of amplification that could produce enough turn-key power to pull off open air festivals which were a big thing back then. With thier own ORANGE transport it would carry the full sound equipment for a festival ( Amps, Cabinets, PA Amps, Microphones, Turntables, Cables, Stage MOnitors, Pereferal Speakers) from town to town ... all ORANGE Matamp branded equipment.

Business was excellent for Orange Matamp in the early 70's but a fallout happened between Mat and Cliff which no one is clear of today it seems. Mat kept his "MATAMP" name being produced by Radio Craft in Huddersfield UK and Cliff kept "ORANGE" and tagged on "Voice of the World".

By the end of the 70's , due to musical taste changes , things were getting rough for Orange equipment sales. THe 80's saw Orange - Voice of the World close its doors. Matamp on the other hand remained a small shop building amplifiers. In the 90's Gibson purchased the ORANGE company and reopened the doors. They asked Matamp to produce some new Orange Amplifiers and then redesign a new amplifer , the OTR . Orange once again blossomed and here we all are on thier Website in 2006.

Been awhile since I posted on this forum. Here's a little something Mr DHL brought to my doorstep today to share.

First time ordering a guitar from MF and must say I am a happy customer. Took about 5 days to ship to SG and the piece they gave me was pretty good.

Gibson SG Standard Limited in Vintage Burst

8280889070_9fa81324f2_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

IMG_0138_zps8a16a766.jpg

Dude, the amp. WHERE TO GET?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back