FS: Gibson under $900, Read Description, IMPORTANT

AzNjT

Hey Guys, recently I put my Gibson Jonas Brothers Melody Maker up for sale.

However I took the guitar out of storage to wipe down the hardware

Turns out that there are Cracks along the Fretboard! It stops right at the nut and the Heel joint is still perfect.

I seriously doubt that it's of my doing and I've never came across this issue before. Like my other Signature guitars, they don't experience any play time as these guitars are purely for ownership sake.

I have contemplated putting this guitar up for sale because of its cracks. But someone out there might be interested in a project guitar to refinish.

I am not interested in trying to "Get as much money as I can or whatever"
If you want it, it's yours.

Guitar is Virtually BRAND NEW.

+Standard open-book Headstock
+Ebony Fretboard
+Resonant

I will shave off the price of potential finish repairs, $250-$300?

So guitar is going for $750, slightly neg if you are a serious buyer.
Comes with the Gibson gigbag, Self-Collect only.

Email me at ShapeShiftTheWorld@Live.com for more/full-sized pictures.

Thanks <3

jb1-1.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

jb2.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Last edited:
Just like books on a shelve but with adequate spacing in-between each so that the hardcases DONT rest against each other and in an Empty cupboard.

It doesn't make sense why it only cracked along the Fretboard and stopped at the nut.

Last edited:
If I had dropped the guitar I could live with it, but the fact that it appeared without my knowledge and UNPLAYED really chaps my ass.
I had plans for this guitar.

Last edited:
nope, not going to send it for repairs :)
I don't really mind actually. hahaha

I will prolly continue to work on it if nobody buys it.

I wonder what happened to it though, the heel joint shows no sign of paint cracks and neither does the headstock. Its like the fretboard shrunk.

What do you think guys?

Last edited:
Check if the neck is warped? My friend had an Epi LP custom that had cracks like that and the neck was rather warped.

Just double checked the neck relief. Its fine, straight as per normal.
The crack also seems to have a gradient in its angle, going up, towards the nut side.

Last edited:
I saw the exact same thing on a Gibson SG some years ago. Somebody had over-tweaked the truss rod. Repair was to totally loosen truss rod, remove fretboard with sharp wood chisel. Re attach fretboard with high quality carpenters glue and MANY clamps. Let dry for a week. Touch up the finish and guitar was good as new!

Hope that helps...

According to a friend of mine who's a luthier, to fix it he has to replace the whole fretboard, which means new frets and fret job also:/ ouch.

According to a friend of mine who's a luthier, to fix it he has to replace the whole fretboard, which means new frets and fret job also:/ ouch.

Hahaha, it really isn't that bothersome actually :) I don't mind the crack at all.
The integrity of the construction still holds up.

Back