Eduardo's horrifying injury

players who break their leg wont take as long as 2-3 years to recovery la.the most is 1 season thats all.about the form part.well anderson broke his leg during his porto days and look at him now.

Probably 6-9 months, given Arsenal's immense financial reserves, which would definitely be channeled to getting the best doctors for Eduardo. This looks extremely sickening. To be honest, I do not think Taylor had any ill intentions while going into the challenge.

you shld have seen the look on cesc fabregas's face.

this will serve as a warning to cesc, steven gerrard and co that actions do have consequences..

even former referees who were in charge of EPL games have mentioned that steven, amongst many others, is a very very 'dirty' player..

patrick viera, martin keown, sol campbell, tony adams..

these buggers never wanted to play the ball..

they have no choice but to go for the opposition's legs..

what comes around, goes around.

wah u mentioned mainly arsenal players and only 1 liverpool player ah in your karmic wisdom ah?

Reactions: fgl
poor thing man...
i remembered wat happened to Cisse, then yesterday's was like another "oh shit!!!"
how he tahan sial?

but i dun think Taylor did it on purpose la... he is just challenging for the ball.
he's just unlucky maybe to get his 4 by 2 on Ecuardo's ankles

i wish Ecuador a speedy recovery...

ya hor...

corrections for my previous post...
its Eduardo, not Ecuador
paiseh ah, Liverpool fan la.. dunno much abt Arsenal players.

ok i think its time for me to go to skool again

Last edited:
I guess you guys have forgotten about Roy Keane.

But oh man, Educardo's injury sure looks serious. It looks worse than any form of knee injury and imagine...

Your ankle dislodged from your leg?

don't forget that professional footballers go through intensive physiotherapy hell in addition to their surgeries. the clubs are not gonna pay some dude 100,000 pounds a week to take his time and gently recover

I'm sure he tackled with no malice. Sometimes you put your foot out to block, you gotta use some strength, if the player skips fast abit too soon, Boom, contact.
Now, Roy Keane jumping on Victor Baia, that's with malice. Roy Keane stepping on Haaland's foot, that is with malice.

you shld have seen the look on cesc fabregas's face.

this will serve as a warning to cesc, steven gerrard and co that actions do have consequences..

even former referees who were in charge of EPL games have mentioned that steven, amongst many others, is a very very 'dirty' player..

patrick viera, martin keown, sol campbell, tony adams..

these buggers never wanted to play the ball..

they have no choice but to go for the opposition's legs..

what comes around, goes around.

biggest MOFO non player -

ROY KEANE!

Yea it was a horrific injury..and a tackle like that should result in some serious banning..Certainly brought back memories of David Busst..that for me is THE WORST ever injury i've seen in football..

Certainly brought back memories of David Busst..that for me is THE WORST ever injury i've seen in football..

David Busst

Date of birth30 June 1967 (1967-06-30) (age 40)Place of birth Birmingham, EnglandHeight1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)Playing positionDefenderSenior clubs1YearsClubApp (Gls)*1991–1992
1992–1996Moor Green
Coventry City
57 (5) 1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only.
* Appearances (Goals)
David Busst (pronounced Boost) (born 30 June 1967 in Birmingham) is a former English footballer and current football community officer and coach.
Busst played as a defender, and started his career at non-league Moor Green, before moving to Coventry City in 1991.[1] A solid and well-respected defender, Busst was good enough to play over 50 times for the Premiership side and become a regular, though he never represented his country.
His playing career came to an end on April 8, 1996 whilst playing for Coventry against Manchester United. Two minutes into the match, Busst collided with United players Denis Irwin and Brian McClair, resulting in extensive compound fractures to both the tibia and fibula of his right leg.[2] The match had to be delayed for 15 minutes while the blood was cleaned off the pitch. It is reputed that Manchester United's goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel vomited on the pitch upon seeing the injury and had to have counselling afterwards, along with a number of other players.[3]
Busst's injuries were so bad that he at one point ran the risk of having his leg amputated.[3] Despite having 26 operations, Busst remained a member of the Coventry squad but never played again and retired from the game following advice from his doctors on 6 November 1996 at the age of 29.
His testimonial, played in May 1997 against Manchester United, was a sell-out.[3]
Since his retirement, he has worked for Coventry's backroom staff, working for their Football in the Community programme, of which he is now director.[4] In the meantime, he has also trained as a coach, earning several UEFA coaching badges. Busst went on to manage non-league Evesham United, having previously taken charge of Solihull Borough. He currently acts as defensive cover for Highgate United of the Midland Combination Premier Division as his brother, Paul, is the club's assistant manager

UNITED PLAYERS INVOLVED NO DOUBT!

what i didn't like was the other manager saying "it wasn't malicious" and "your boy is too fast". whether or not his comments are valid is another matter. but its not an appropriate thing to say to a club that will lose a player and to a player who will probably have his euro dreams shattered. either apologise or shut the hell up. a challenge doesn't have to be malicious or intentional for it to be reckless and plain dangerous. and the laws of the game protect above all else the safety of the players

but anyway check this out, probably the most gruesome sporting injury ever (WARNING!!! VERY GRAPHIC)
YouTube - Worst Hockey Accident Ever

I'm sure he tackled with no malice. Sometimes you put your foot out to block, you gotta use some strength, if the player skips fast abit too soon, Boom, contact.
Now, Roy Keane jumping on Victor Baia, that's with malice. Roy Keane stepping on Haaland's foot, that is with malice.

Agreed with bro Plastic. Sometimes its just a matter of timing la. Matt Taylor could have enagaged his opponent a second or two too fast. But still I would have felt like s*** if I were Mr Taylor. He could have possibly ended a fellow player's career la.

As a footballer & central defender myself - I too get many tackles mistimed.

IMHO opinion - I dont really think that Martin Taylor meant to really go for him - more of a case of wanting to get his tackle in early but it was totally mistimed.

As a matter of fact - I thought he was unlucky to get the red card.

It certainly looks like a nasty injury but Abou Diaby suffered a similar one a few years back and has recovered - I have no doubt that Eduardo will be back - even better than before with "bionic" implants within the next 12 months... or so

Last edited:
The reality to such injuries here is that the player is sadly not the same as before.Of course these days where technology and medical science are so advanced, the treatment and recovery is much better..Look at that nimrod Cisse..Mapalek broke his leg in 2places and was back in 7mnths..Of course at times after that, he was just an eyesore to watch on the pitch..for both his play and his monkey butt hairstyles

I think I've seen worse on youtube. This guy in a mixed martial art match broke his shin. The entire shin went flabby as it broke in half, with onli skin in front and muscle at the back holding the pieces together...

I've seen it, wan me to post it here? >=D

Back