Anugerah Band Competition

bro sub... gotch sexay smileys. :cool:

Me thinks that there should be smileys (as they now are, in terms of what they portray - but) categorised according to old music genres - old school rock, ambient, metal, new age, alternative, gothic etc etc etc kinda feel.

Soft should hire the poly design-related folks here and get them to get busy creating these.

It's Singapore. Especially... It's the MALAY scene. Halfway.. I chose my day job over a competition of such a scale. Anyways.... We should support each other in Our own local scene. Who else if not ourselves? And WAITING will never get you anywhere. Go out there and make a difference. Nothing is ever Guaranteed. There is No Easy Way Out nor Any Easy Way In. And Race doesn't have anything to do with luck nor freedom. To Each His Own. Play For Passion.

the Rusty Blade number was awesome..could see Khalid Mobin was a lil emo nevertheless that number was awesome..Anis bass sweep picking..

congrats to Rancour..all in all good show

Congrats rancour...u guys deserve it. Its great that they won even though i voted x-tech.

But honestly, suria don't let all these talents go to waste. All 4 finalists have so much talent,i will be proud to have any of them represent our singapore music scene.

Rancour deserves it! But only after their last song. before that it was hard to choose.

X-Tech - Tight band but the guitarist was a let down. And original song was too simple to make any strong positive effect. A better guitarist could have won it for them. Happening drummer! Decent Bassist! Good Singer! Poor Guitarist!

Fatskunks - Didn't do it for me. Original song wasn't very good. And please lah, donch have a distorted sounding guitar solo when playing raggae - Bob Marley oso will keluar kubur!

Trabo - 10 years ago they may have won it. Good singer but somehow didn't show off his singing abilities. To me they macam lost in time. Good band though.

Rancour - Best Original Song. They deserve to win it!

X-Tech - Tight band but the guitarist was a let down. And original song was too simple to make any strong positive effect. A better guitarist could have won it for them. Happening drummer! Decent Bassist! Good Singer! Poor Guitarist!

the existing guitarist is good, just that he didn't let loose the technicalities because of the nature of the song. to say he is the weakest link isn't a true assessment of the band.

Rancour won but they were not the best band last night in terms of musicianship, vocal delivery was also not top-notch. Fatskunks were the best IMO in all aspects with reference to last night's performance of course.

agree- the Rusty Blade tribute was splendid; thumbs way up!!

in passing:
*one of the judges was too critical with X-tech, they were put down for being too metal but that's the nature of the band, you don't expect SLAYER to put up a Britney Spears front any time, yes? if you are good, regardless of the genre you propel, you are good

*Indra Sharil was a good referee last night, his comments were material & very reflective of the bands' capacity. talent quests should do well to include such individuals in their judging line-up.

whatever happened last night, i know for sure that i'm not too affected by the occurences; i still don't believe in viewer voting as a judging criteria for competitions, especially one involving talent scrutiny.

the one with the last laugh: the telco company which co-ordinated the SMS voting...

Well, for a competition, it's kinda poor to choose a song or worse yet to play in a way that doesn't show off your best. If you think he's a good guitarist, then fine, but he should still take the stake for not doing enough. I wouldn't blame the song-selection per se because for a competition, he should have done more regardless of the song chosen - a lot more.

If they had Putra's guitarist, then they would have won it hands-down, IMHO.

Having said that, I think it's good that Rancour won. They seem the most capable to take things further once the competition is over as they move on towards the next stage of their careers, thanks to the prizes that they won.

heheh

Rancour's winning was trully deserving and expected. i can bet they dont hav lotsa sms votes but they won coz obviously, their concept is the NOW kinda music. rite from when they announce that Universal is offering $250K recording packages, that alreadi says it all.

Rancour, Welcome to the next round where album sales, popularity limelite, ticket sales and togetherness will determine how far u guys can go as a band.

Cheers and Have Fun....

Bravo to Rancour and the rest of the lineup. Eddie Ali shouldnt be a judge with that kind of comment to X-Tech... The tribute to Rusty Blade was awesome!!!

Rancour won but they were not the best band last night in terms of musicianship, vocal delivery was also not top-notch. Fatskunks were the best IMO in all aspects with reference to last night's performance of course.

agreed to tat...

but obviously Rancour could 'sell' better as they are playing the 'in' thing now. which i dunno wat. but still congrats to them and all the top 4 bands.

Congratulations!!

Congrats to Rancour for winning the competition.
($20,000 divide by 4 = $5000 each) hehehe

For the rest of the bands that didn't make it, they have done their best till this far and shld be proud of themselves.

I enjoy the show but the atmosphere in the studio was not there i think.

I agree with wyldeboon...Rancour can sell and has longer expire date as they are all younger than the rest of the finalist.

Salute to all...

if you have what it takes, expiry isn't an issue. ask these chaps:

The.Rolling.Stones.jpg

Back