X Japan

Silent Jealousy is a brilliant song :D
X didnt perform it often though..i think it's cos it's rather hard to sing and the guitar parts are rather hard..they tend to go slower live..
Yoshiki's drums awesome as usual tho..

X is a definately a band that no other bands can compete. Yoshiki's drumming and music ( especially the part where he blends classical piano and rock music together ) is a speciality of X/X Japan.

A great fan here, have a lot of X Japan rare videos and Mp3s. Feel free to visit my webbie to see my list.

Well, its a preference thing.

Many facets of music, X-Japan is cool, nice songs, cool people/visuals, quite technical stuff too. A good mix.

If you base it on just technicality, I guess its very hard to beat classical music. Its the MOST technical of the lot. But not alot of people appreciate it.

For me, it was great, enjoyed X-jap immensely during my teen days.

PS: Jeifen...u're really a sucker for convention huh....hahaha...HiDe hIdE hiDE.... :twisted:

Yes classical is the hardest one. Just for example, if you study Fugue in Gm, the only i can think is the composer (J.S Bach) is amazing.

Anyway doesnt X Japan is a mixture of classical too?

Fugue In Gm (JS Bach) - Rose Of Pain (Yoshiki)
Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven) - Alive (Yoshiki)

Yes classical is the hardest one. Just for example, if you study Fugue in Gm, the only i can think is the composer (J.S Bach) is amazing.

Anyway doesnt X Japan is a mixture of classical too?

Fugue In Gm (JS Bach) - Rose Of Pain (Yoshiki)
Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven) - Alive (Yoshiki)

haha yes...yoshiki can really play Baroque songs well. Esp the "voices" in Bach pieces(how you're supposed to sing the notes)..his trills are perfect too..plus his flair for speed..definitely well suited for Baroque pieces.. Budden again, Yoshiki's no prodigy. Just a guy who works really hard *wonders if he was self-taught*

If you base it on just technicality, I guess its very hard to beat classical music. Its the MOST technical of the lot. But not alot of people appreciate it.

For me, it was great, enjoyed X-jap immensely during my teen days.

PS: Jeifen...u're really a sucker for convention huh....hahaha...HiDe hIdE hiDE....
classical music is generally un-dissable..it has survived centuries..wad else can we say right? i think not a lot of ppl appreciate it cos u need lots of training to be able to truly understand. no lar...if u are a hide fan u'll definitely spell his name in the way he wanted it to be spelt right?

sLapshock..ohmigod..u have so many videos!!!!! *squeals like a rabid fangirl* ...but how do i get them??can we trade?? U have so many..i this music station programme which is about 1hour long with various performances ..one of my favs is Yoshiki's Unfinished solo..the one where blood drips on his white grand piano..and the Violet UK symphonic concert 2002(think those are the only X stuff u dun have).

CDs...I have Pierrot's ID Attack, X's Vanishing Vision, Jealousy, DAHLIA, and the Indies of X Cd released by Taiji recently...would you be interested?

yup. i got violet uk symphony 2002 actually but deleted it because of the stupid quality wonder if yours nice. do you have email? or something? msn? add me at msn.

Yeah, but I guess the melody is very important for conventional listening. Sometimes classical music gets too technical with their motifs...shapes...phrasing and all....

X has really caught my heart strings.... actually I caught them in around 91 to 92 when I watched an Anime with the theme song I think.....or a show, can't remember.

as for the spelling, OKOK!!! I give up, give respect to my fav. visual ROCker... hide!!!!

:D

Hmm, anyone here has the piano scores to their songs, or where to get them? Say, Tears, Endless Rain etc?

I am going off-topic.....but anyone heard of Tony Mcalphine?????? Virtuoso of both guitar and keyboards. He plays backing guitar for Vai and is even more technically proficient than a certain Yngwie Malmsteen. The amazing thing is, he is even better on keyboards. His piano pieces absolutely rip! Man..life is unfair.

X japan is one of the koolest band I've seem......... their music r GREAT 2..........

one of my fav is RUSTY NAILS........ n I even use RUSTYNAILs as my band's name........

other personnal fav include SADITIC DESIRE........ ART OF LIFE.........

2 bad hide is dead....... if not, during year 2000, they plan 2 get back 2gether....... but never happen since hide dead........

have hear another guitarist in a nu-metal j-rock band........ dun remember the band's name.... sound kool..........

X has brought j-rock into a higher level........ imagine wat would jrock be wif out X........

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Quote:
Hmm, anyone here has the piano scores to their songs, or where to get them? Say, Tears, Endless Rain etc?

http://www.seika.org/anime/xjapan/index.html

But dun expect to sound like Yoshiki....the scores are different from the recordings, and well..live performances..we all know how Yoshiki adds a lot of fancy stuff that makes the song rock...

Thanks a million man. My arse will be glued to the piano for quite a while :D

Vaiyen said:
I am going off-topic.....but anyone heard of Tony Mcalphine?????? Virtuoso of both guitar and keyboards. He plays backing guitar for Vai and is even more technically proficient than a certain Yngwie Malmsteen. The amazing thing is, he is even better on keyboards. His piano pieces absolutely rip! Man..life is unfair.

yes..totally off topic.

and absolutely biased.

But he is talented.

afterdeath said:
X japan is one of the koolest band I've seem......... their music r GREAT 2..........

one of my fav is RUSTY NAILS........ n I even use RUSTYNAILs as my band's name........

2 bad hide is dead....... if not, during year 2000, they plan 2 get back 2gether....... but never happen since hide dead........

have hear another guitarist in a nu-metal j-rock band........ dun remember the band's name.... sound kool..........

X has brought j-rock into a higher level........ imagine wat would jrock be wif out X........

is your band rustynailz that perform in super band?

taiji said:
afterdeath said:

yes. i answer for him.

sLapshock said:
taiji said:
afterdeath said:

yes. i answer for him.

oh man, they are good, esp frankie bassist, like his style.. but super band is gay, dun like this event at all, all the good bands eliminated jor, no pt watching.

Hideo said:
I agree, i love X-japan too. I esp love silent jealousy. DID YA SEE THE SOLO????? it totally blow minds off. Even my younger brother love that song. Well, Hide was cool. I also like Luna Sea, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Malice Mizer...some j-rock stuff. not pretty well versed in j-rock. still new to ALL kinda rock. =D
i dunno what mode it is, but jerryC's canon rock seem to have the same kinda feeling as the silent jealousy solo... that's what japanese arcade games use too... totally rocks with the uplifting feel

MadWereWolfBoy said:
Hideo said:
I agree, i love X-japan too. I esp love silent jealousy. DID YA SEE THE SOLO????? it totally blow minds off. Even my younger brother love that song. Well, Hide was cool. I also like Luna Sea, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Malice Mizer...some j-rock stuff. not pretty well versed in j-rock. still new to ALL kinda rock. =D
i dunno what mode it is, but jerryC's canon rock seem to have the same kinda feeling as the silent jealousy solo... that's what japanese arcade games use too... totally rocks with the uplifting feel

lol i nv had this this feeling, silent jealousy is in 1987 and jerryc is at 2006, age gap very big wor,

amazing band, one of my favs ever.

emotional ballads, awesome hard rock, and orgasmic solos.

OH X PLEASE COME TO SINGAPORE!!!

amazing band, one of my favs ever.

emotional ballads, awesome hard rock, and orgasmic solos.

OH X PLEASE COME TO SINGAPORE!!!

yes i agree with you,

they start wat is visual rock in japan, the god father of japan rock,

all band bow to them in japan

Back