Writing And Instrumental Rock Song

ljahalive

Can you fellow softies give some tips in writing an instrumental rock song?
And what software is good to use when writing.

Thanks

This might not help much but I think it's very true. The greatest software is prolly your inspiration haha.

Hey may i know what tools u need to record and where can i get them. How much do they cost?

Cheers

You need an audio interface. For me I use Presonus AudioBox USB it cost $187 student price.
You need a recording software.
For me I use Cubase Studio 5 $320 student price.

I also have additional plugins it's optional.
I use Native instruments guitar rig 4 pro.
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/guitar/guitar-rig-4-pro/?page=1099
buy it online is cheaper than getting it in singapore much much much cheaper

Recording?

Get a Line 6 UX2 interface and a good pair of headphones/monitor speakers (either one) and your done, period. It's included with the POD Farm programme and the Ableton Live recording software.

If you want more, get the Line 6 KB37 which includes an integrated keyboard midi controller with added pitch and modulation wheels. You can use the midi controller to play with a drum plugin in Ableton Live as well.

And of course you will need your a working PC and...there ya go, your very own home studio. Simple, innovative and best of all, money saving.

Cheers ;)

well the audio interface and the guitar rig is cheaper than the POD farm but well fenderrules is a line 6 sales man so haha his doing his job

but what do you need to record as a band?

Sorry for asking so many question...

argh!! so many things to type.
you still need an audio interface only thing bigger one eg. Presonus fire studio ($700++ at resolution) project you need 2 of them because there are many mics involved, 1 fire studio project can only hold up to 8mics.
You need mics for your drums. To have a very good control over your mixing later I suggest you have 1 mic for each cymbal or tom. Usually you have 1 bass drum which you can use eg. AKG D112. You then have 2 toms, 1 floor tom,2 crash, 1 ride, 1 hi hat, 1 snare to mic you can use eg. Shure Sm57 ($135 around there) mic to mic them all so 8 mics, I'm sure there's better mic but i don't know haha. Then you have your guitar amp, bass amp maybe keyboard amp to mic. You can use the sM57 mic to mic them all. For vocal u use a condenser mic eg. Audio technica AT4050, you need mic stands for all your instrument mics and also the pop blocker for the vocal. All the mics are connected to the audio interface. Oh by the way Presonus fire studio use firewire connection.

If you want to save cost a bit you can just plug your keyboard and guitar and bass into the audio interface directly however the sound won't be as good as miking the amp.

The software would be the same just use Cubase or logic if you use a mac or pro tools if you use mac.

but what do you need to record as a band?

Sorry for asking so many question...

my band uses a zoom h4n handy recorder to do our recording.
the quality comes out pretty decent for such a price.
u might wna check it out. ;) for cheap recording. haha

my band uses a zoom h4n handy recorder to do our recording.
the quality comes out pretty decent for such a price.
u might wna check it out. ;) for cheap recording. haha

yea but you can't use that to do mixing and stuff.

Can you fellow softies give some tips in writing an instrumental rock song?
And what software is good to use when writing.

Thanks

Songwriting:

Grab your guitar, relax, let what's on your mind flow through your fingers. Remember even if you hit a bum note at times they'll work as long as it's part of what's in your head.

You gotta know what you're gonna be writing about.

Dynamics will come when you feel.

I always have a small mp3 player in the event a tune comes to my head, I'll hum em into the player.

How do you record guitar/basses do you mic the amp or plug the cable into the mixer?

well for me I don't use mixer I use the mixer in the software. You can either plug directly into the audio interface or you can mic the amp. 1st Choice is mic the amps you get better sound but u have to buy more mics and u need the amp

Create your own original song.

Hi. song writer.

There is no rule to write song or composing. either anything may come first.

Some song writer they use to the melody come first,and some not.
The most important thing that you must be certainty to yourself.

Do what you like, what make you comfortable.you can create the beat and follow by the chord work. or whatever.

The most important you must know that every note count value.and there are million of versions. to apply.use the theory guide,but be more to exotic type.

For software,use whatever you can afford important is your skilled and your ears.I am very lucky cause my both ears was attached to my head lol.

Use your home PC in doing your recording make sure the processor is okay.

I just use cakewalk guitar pro, sonic exciter,8 channel mixer,and Asio 4.
I played keyboard and guitar by using this item.the song are Jack Dream

....and Jack Can Rap..and all song I did not plan to solo just record the beat and chord work. grab the guitar get set and fill it on the spot..with my own feel..u can check it out if u want..at www.myspace.com/humblepie780

GOOD LUCK.

well for me I don't use mixer I use the mixer in the software. You can either plug directly into the audio interface or you can mic the amp. 1st Choice is mic the amps you get better sound but u have to buy more mics and u need the amp

Then if you have a mixer then you plug the mic in to the mixer then to the interface?

Sorry i am extremely new to this...

Latest posts

Back