What laquer to finish pickguard?

Santa

Hey all, basically i've done some diy pickguard thing, which involves using plastic adhesive to stick some graffiti onto my pickguard. thing is, the current laquer im using (pylox or smth like that) does not cause the graffiti edges to adhere properly to the pickguard

Hence a lot of frayed edges. Could you all suggest some good methods to finish it (clear laquer) and the brands? Im looking for like a really thick finish that is impervious to damage, and causes the edges to stick down.

Thanks (;

Hey all, basically i've done some diy pickguard thing, which involves using plastic adhesive to stick some graffiti onto my pickguard. thing is, the current laquer im using (pylox or smth like that) does not cause the graffiti edges to adhere properly to the pickguard

Hence a lot of frayed edges. Could you all suggest some good methods to finish it (clear laquer) and the brands? Im looking for like a really thick finish that is impervious to damage, and causes the edges to stick down.

Thanks (;

you could stick the graffiti (i assume it's in some kind of clear plastic form) to the pickguard first by using transparent adhesive, right? those spray type that is used to stick photo to album, the brand is 3M.

Then after that you apply lacquer slowly, wait till dry, and sand it down using a fine sanding paper. and apply the laquer again. These steps must be repeated till the edge of the graffiti is concealed.

Last edited:
haha its not the sticking part, the sticking is fine, its just that my laquer cmi, its very very thin. i'll just try and spray a lot more, see what goes on. hahaa!

haha its not the sticking part, the sticking is fine, its just that my laquer cmi, its very very thin. i'll just try and spray a lot more, see what goes on. hahaa!

spray a lot at one go will get you bad result. Most likely you will lots of buble trapped. Do it slowly, layer by layer. Sand it down on every layer.

Latest posts

Back