west guitar group?

dth_disciple

saw the east guitar group threads and thought it was a great way to get in touch with other musicians... except i kinda live in the west... so like... anyone wan to set up the west guitar group maybe?

*puts up hand*

West side boy here~

I play electric, have an acoustic to bring around just incase we go void decks.. ahah..

I play mostly basic chords, plus abit of barred, plus abit of power, no fancy shredding etc.. but I'd love to explore and learn more from fellow guitarists~!

great!! im a jurong resident... i was thinking like maybe bukit panjang.... or maybe we can just like meet up at any location convenient to any point of tyme.... any suggestions? i really wanna get this thing goin...

great!! im a jurong resident... i was thinking like maybe bukit panjang.... or maybe we can just like meet up at any location convenient to any point of tyme.... any suggestions? i really wanna get this thing goin...

but i feel location wise should be picked according to whr is a suitable place to conduct such an event, cause actually i've tried to find ppl for casual jams but it nvr really worked out due to location..
anyway bukit panjang sounds good to me :)
count me in bro :) im free other then sat afternoon/fri night

Other than the venue...what's the agenda when we meet up?Cos i think it'll be good if we all go back with something new(as in knowledge, tricks, tips etc etc) after the meet up rather than TCSS and go home empty handed rite?

agenda to meet up... hmm... ok y not we meet up when we have certain info on gears we wanna share, maybe can like show up in gigs? or maybe when any of us has a gadget that one of us is thinking of getting, maybe he/she can provide reviews( no nd to type lar, just personal point of view) or maybe try the gadget? also, say a couple of us has a gig and he'she nds a gadget, we can lend him/her... other than that agenda wise has to see when it arises ah....

hey guys!!! I live in Bukit Batok and I love hard rock, soft rock, blues, jazz(not good at it) and I wanna learn from all those fellow rockers out there!

I love old school classic rock, ACDC!!! guns and roses, LYNARD SKYNARD, SIMON AND GARFUNKEL (GOD THEY ARE SWEET!) THE QUEENS, THE KINKS, BEATLES!!!!! bright eyes, tilly and the wall, etc etc hahahahaha im high just thinking of them. I love music in general, just hate the charts nowadays which is filled with bullshit rap.

I am tired of this boring society of singapore, where everyone is just enclosed in their HDB playing guitar in their bed rooms.

I like the idea of us getting together to share knowledge, get better, jam/sing, but from experience with jamming with friends, these type of sessions usually doesn't work out...so an agenda is definitely needed, or we'll all be awkward and sitting there with out guitars. Maybe, we need to work towards putting up a performance or something, so that at least when we meet, we have something to work for.

Oh and I play acoustic and elec guitar, a bit of piano and drums. I also loveeeeeeee to sing. Interested in learning new instruments as well.:)

Count me in this!

peace bros

Jim

This rocks! I've only one friend that plays the guitar so nv get any chance to learn from others. I live in bukit panjang. Dun really know of any place to play here though, unless at void decks or maybe community centres. I've exams currently till 4 may so can meet up with you guys after that.

TS you setting up a name list so we can add our names?

I'm usually free most evenings, but I try to keep my saturdays for my band.

Location wise, maybe somewhere open? or do you need amps for electrics?

agenda wise, TS list a song, or a set of chords, then we will play to that song as focus for the night.

If one song too boring after a while, we can target 2 - 3 songs first.

either that, or we can always pick up a progression of chords, go abit more freestylish, not bound by and genre..

Last edited:
hey guys!!! I live in Bukit Batok and I love hard rock, soft rock, blues, jazz(not good at it) and I wanna learn from all those fellow rockers out there!

I love old school classic rock, ACDC!!! guns and roses, LYNARD SKYNARD, SIMON AND GARFUNKEL (GOD THEY ARE SWEET!) THE QUEENS, THE KINKS, BEATLES!!!!! bright eyes, tilly and the wall, etc etc hahahahaha im high just thinking of them. I love music in general, just hate the charts nowadays which is filled with bullshit rap.

I am tired of this boring society of singapore, where everyone is just enclosed in their HDB playing guitar in their bed rooms.

I like the idea of us getting together to share knowledge, get better, jam/sing, but from experience with jamming with friends, these type of sessions usually doesn't work out...so an agenda is definitely needed, or we'll all be awkward and sitting there with out guitars. Maybe, we need to work towards putting up a performance or something, so that at least when we meet, we have something to work for.

Oh and I play acoustic and elec guitar, a bit of piano and drums. I also loveeeeeeee to sing. Interested in learning new instruments as well.:)

Count me in this!

peace bros

Jim

i like this guy ^^^ lol

i also don have any idea on a nice and convinient place lei.... and i kinda nd somebody to take charge as im freakin lousy at planning stuff....hahaha...

Back