WAVE --> MP3 Software?

ahh, nvm, i upgraded my cubase le online for $10 euros already. Now got unlimited mp3 conversion. :D My first time buying anything online. Hope nobody steals my credit card number though.. lol.

There's one I got for Windows PC. Do a search for "Cheetah MP3 Converter". It's part of a CD burning software, tho I dunno why they're giving the converter away for free!
But, hey, good for us, eh? :lol:

QF

Indigo_blues said:
Hi, anyone know of a free software to convert wave files to mp3 files? thanks... :D

Hi Indigo_blue want to ask u somthing.

When u use Cubase for recording or convert into mp3, do u realise the mp3 sound level is it become softer? Do u have this kind of experiences? When i record my song using Cubase, the playback volume level is quite reasonable. Due to i nvr buy the mp3 thing, i convert into wav file, then i use other software to convert into mp3, the sound volume level drop. Can u share with me your experiences? Thanks for your advice. :)

Shawn

Db Poweramp is definitely one of the best out there. They used to offer mp3 conversion free - now because of copyright issues, it is only a 30 day free trial. But they sill have tons of other audio codecs which are free.

ah? itunes can meh??? Alamak, that means i wasted 10euros..

hi shawn, i haven't really listened properly to the mp3 conversion levels as compared to wav exports. Maybe i'll do it and let you know. The mp3 export from cubase sounds pretty decent imo. But i probably need to add more compression to my mix.. sounds abit 'weak' those that i've done..

LuZeR said:
Hmm...

How come you guys dont use iTunes to convert Wav to mp3? I do that all the time

Yes, I use iTunes as well. Although most people cannot tell the difference, some converters are better than the others. Db Poweramp uses the LAME engine - LAME is definitely one of the BEST if not the best converter for mp3. LAME used to be under GNU (free) but I think copyright issues may have stopped its free distribution. Need to check that out. I used to use LAME GNU code with a frontend.

where is the saved mp3 file after conversion to mp3 from wav in itunes? I can't find it in the music/itunes folder.

Indigo,

If you cant find it, just delete the converted file from the playlist and into the recycle bin. From there you can find it! LOL i do that all the time

LuZeR said:
Indigo,

If you cant find it, just delete the converted file from the playlist and into the recycle bin. From there you can find it! LOL i do that all the time

hwah! neat trick. thanks man. :lol:

What about cdEx? Completely free of charge, rips cds (including those nasty "protected" CDs), and converts stuff to mp3/wav. Lots of options to ensure you get the quality you like.

Latest posts

Back