Video of me playing

Hansi of Blind Guardian.

The dude from Nevermore.

The singer in Masterplan.

Vocalist in Lost Horizon. Bloody bloody amazing this one.

Ah. Eh. Haha... thats what I can think of now.

yap. :) Jeff Lomis.

He has a peculiar way of shredding diminished patterns with chromatic runs. Very interesting, but he uses it a tad too often... awesome rhythm.

Loomis. Anyway, yeah, he's one hell of a guitar player..

And my fave vocalists are Dio and Russell Allen..

And also.. great work on the vid :D

ShredCow said:
Otherwise, I think its time to work on vibrato and getting more attitude (dynamics!!!!) into your playing since you have got your chops up. Thats what is going to distance you from the masses of shredders out there... ;)

To a large extent, I don't agree with this statement taken at face value, though having been familiar with many of your posts I know that there is some missing subtext which I am sure you imply - to this end I would like to help qualify:

Working on your chops (technical facility) is *NOT* going to distance you from the masses of shredders out there. Of course it helps to have solid technical foundation, but if you look around, EVERYBODY has great chops these days - 2 handed Italianss who blow away Stan Jordan, Fat Greek Malmsteen clones, 8 year old kids who tap and sweep like Michael Angelo.

I repeat - working on chops alone is not going to distinguish you - there are a billion websites of bedroom players with immaculate technique, 99% of whom sound IDENTICAL.

What is going to distinguish you from the masses is PLAYING DIFFERENT NOTES TO EVERYBODY ELSE.

In many respects this is what comes to mind for me when people say 'shred is dead' - of course it isn't, but it certainly is an extremely stale place to be.

PLAY DIFFERENT NOTES. Work on melodic ideas. Work on doing something PERSONAL - don't copy Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai or Eric Johnson.[/b]

wah nice sia! but a bit weird i cant catch what ur playing because u left handed. but lefties are rare! 8)

Wah!
BAIK AH!

Damn solid I like the fast parts. You remind me of Man kidal. :lol:

If you're a GuitarNoob then what am I?.

Back