V-Picks - The Final Step in Guitar Pick Evolution

brendon

Check out Local Reviews !!

http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?t=39380&page=6
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=300176

Item Price (inclusive of postage)

1 pick for SGD$7.00
2 pick for SGD$12.00

The items will be posted to your home address within 2 working days and payment via Bank transfer & PAYPAL will be preferred. I will pay for local postage.

Kindly email me at bluegrasswoods@gmail.com with your name, contact no. and postage address if interested.

Sizes
Small - 7/8"
Medium - 1"
Large - 1 1/8"
Freakishly Large - 1 1/4"

V-Picks are 2.75mm thick
V-Picks Lites are 1mm thick

More info available @ http://www.v-picks.com/

Vpicks01.jpg

VPicks.jpg

Reviews transposed from forums for easy reference.

wow.. i just got them in the mail today (small pointed and medium pointed) and to say im happy with them is an understatement.

i had a whole bunch of tortex jazz in 1.14 mms and i have been using those for the past 2 years and after trying both sizes of the v picks, i like the small pointed the best and prefer it over the tortex because

1) it reduces pick scrape noise (this is very apparent if you are doing fast single note riffs)

2) it makes the tone much thicker ( i never imagined this would be possible with a pick)

3) i usually throw away a pick every 2-3 weeks because the tortex edges wear out really quickly, and this v pick looks to be pretty lasting -- plus it has 3 sides so you get 3x the life

4) i dont lose picks so im not really concerned about the cost involved in continual replacement

5) it makes playing easier too (im not sure whether this is due to the v-pick per se or an increased thickness compared to the tortex)

6)Brendon is a great guy to deal with

in fact, i like it so much im getting a few more just "in case" something happens to mine

gargamelesp (Softy)

Yeah the V picks are great for playing esp the small pointed vpicks, great for shredding.Most imptly, it is very comfortable for playing long hours and also brendon is a great guy to deal with. Cheers

gackt1500 (Softy)

So far I'm liking the mediums. The large rounds off the tone too much for my playing style and music. Probably better for those w a very trebly rig, or for jazz guitarists. Mediums are great, they retain the clarity and definition of the normal dunlop tortex flat picks, but add a fullness to it. I never thought I'd get used to the thick body of the V-pick, but it's actually getting quite comfy for me.

I wouldn't say the tone improvement is commensurate with the price difference between the v-pick and a dunlop tortex (for e.g.), but the v-pick sure is one steady pick that looks to last a long time. As such, I wouldn't make such a comparison i.e. "Why should I pay 10 times the price of a normal pick, just to get one v-pick, which only gives me some fullness to the tone?". Of course, one might lose picks, so if you're the type to always do so...then you gotta think again.

I have yet to experience the "Oh it really improves the way I pick!" epiphany, but I like the sturdiness that this pick offers. It feels very steady and comfortable in my hand, and it sticks pretty well to my fingers too.

Thanks again to brendon for bringing in these V-picks. I'm glad I've made my investment.

KennethC (Softy)

I've got the small pointed and medium pointed. Plus a Vpick lite pointed.

Don't see how they compare to Dunlop Tortex - totally different tone.

The closer comparison is a Dunlop Big Stubby 2.0mm or 3.0mm.

Vpick Small Pointed vs. Vpick medium pointed
The small has more snap to it, more bitey. Medium is much easier to play, easier to shred and stuff. No worries with playing fast strummy stuff - just hold the pick lighter, the material warms to the touch and gets sticky.

Vpicks vs Dunlop Big Stubbies
Comparing with the 3.0mm - i think its quite an obvious answer that the Vpicks do sound better. More clarity is the main advantage.
Against the 2.0mm, the difference is quite small. I'd think the top end is the key. The 2.0 sounds more rounded and compressed with the treble.
Both Big Stubbies aren't as grip friendly and after playing the Vpicks a little bit, the Big Stubbies felt clumsy.

Are the Vpicks worth it? Well. I enjoy the bite - comes out nicely when you dig in - and the way they make you relax your picking fingers - do less to achieve more volume.

However. The cut of the pick has just as much to do as the material... the v pick lite pointed is sounds close to the Dunlop Big Stubby 2.0mm, when used on electric. However, the top end is again, that small difference, with the acoustic vpick sounding more air-y and less compressed.

EDIT: I realised I forgot to talk abt the midrange emphasis which is a common selling point of the V pick. Basically across all 3 I have, the Medium vpick had the most mids, the small vpick is in the middle and the v pick lite has the least.

ShredCow (Softy)

I LOVE these picks! The feel while you are holding them is SO comfortable. The tone is really, REALLY nice and the ease with which you can speed pick(to the extent I can! ) is phenomenal. I'm SOLD! There's no going back! I just put in another order!!!

Charles

I received my v-picks yesterday and have to say, I've found a new pick. They are very comfortable and the attack is very smooth. I got the small ones. Thanks Vinni, best of luck

David

The V Pick kicks major butt. I love the tone of it. Add's some girth and clarity both to the struck note for my application, and not so drastic a tone change when hybrid picking. I highly recommend it.

Big Mike

These are the real deal for me. I was able to play faster immediately. Seems like for faster/longer runs, my right hand can keep up now. And as someone that hybrid picks a LOT, it sounds more like the natural finger. But faster.

Mike

Just got through about 20 minutes of practicing scales (between emails!). It really gives more of a roundness or fullness to notes - like the tone of playing with your fingers but with the dexterity of playing with a regular pick. I am digging it man...

Jason

Hey man, got the picks! Very cool! Speed is what I immediately noticed and had to take a bit of time to let my brain catch up. After a while it all balanced out and my playing became more precise. Bolder tone as well. This is a really great idea man. All the best.

Rick

Hi Vinni. Got the large picks today. They're perfect. The exact size I needed.
Thanks again for everything. You really have a killer product. Enjoy all your success.

Jamie

Vinni, your freakishly picks are freaking awesome!! They just fly through the strings and sound phenomenal...You are the man!!! Thanks

Galo

The following VPicks are now in stock!

VPick Small (Pointed) *Worldwide Bestseller*
VPick Medium (Rounded)
VPick Large (Rounded)

VPick Lite Medium (Pointed) *Worldwide Bestseller*
Vpick Lite Large (Pointed)

Acoustic VPick

Improve your tone now!!

Vpicks

Hi Brendon, I am in singapore right now for the holidays and I would like to get a couple of Vpicks before I return to Manila on sunday. Is it possible to meet somewhere here in singapore for the Vpicks? My contact number is +639178515419.

Best regards,
Gi Santos

Hi Brendon, I am in singapore right now for the holidays and I would like to get a couple of Vpicks before I return to Manila on sunday. Is it possible to meet somewhere here in singapore for the Vpicks? My contact number is +639178515419.

Best regards,
Gi Santos

I've emailed you mate! Will pop you a call on Wed. Cheers.

Hey Brendon man, can I buy 2 from you cause I don't have Pay Pal or anything. I just wanna try them and see what all the fuss is about. my number is +65 83227692. Im thinking I want the Medium Rounded and Large Rounded. Cheers man, hope to hear from you.

i don't mean to be a wet blanket, but is it possible that people who first get these picks play more comfortably/better because they expect the pick to respond better than regular picks? i.e.:

"this pick seems like it would work better than my regular dunlops."
*buy it for $x and mentally expect improved performance*
"hey! it works!"

i've never tried these picks, and i'm not saying the picks aren't better than normal ones, but just pointing out a possible problem with the feed back here.

Back