The future of sampling...is here!

Yeah...it sounded good because I thought I even hear breathing. hehe...very realistic. And it sounds like a very good saxaphonist playing. :)

Is it possible to play like a bad saxaphonist (not a keyboardist who play saxaphone patch like play piano patch) to be ultimately realistic? One with bad articulation, bad breathing techniques, etc? Like some people who play "over-squeakly"...:D

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely! It's the "imperfectness" that that makes it real. Too perfect and it sounds too artificial. In fact many times, we would deliberately create imperfectness.

Kirk Hunter in his sample library did something pretty interesting. He noted that string players rarely hit the note exactly in tune when the bow first hit the strings. The players automatically adjust themselves as they play. So he programmed into the samples to have the first note to be slightly off tune when played and then move into tune a split second later.

I have a library of sounds that include chair moving, coughing of audiences, page turning etc and all kind of background concert hall noises. I also have breathing noises for singers (when they take a breath). When I have the time, I would incorporate this into my new orchestral piece.

Back