telecasters

Telecasters are well known for their twangy sound.... MOst country players use that for that sound....but that doesnt mean it does not rock...Tom Morello use it in songs like Show me how to live and a couple of old RATM songs....Jonny greenwood of radiohead also uses it (with a humbuker at the bridge though)....John 5(ex marilyn manson) have a signature telecaster.. Some blues legend also uses a telecaster for eg. Muddy waters... So all in all a telecaster is used in a pretty wide range of music... In fact i think I may be getting one 5 years down the road...ahahahahah 8)

i tot of getting one with 22 frets. but i aint sure wat is wat, i wanna get an american/jipun telecaster. wat's the range like? but if its 21 frets its alrite too... i love the shape of telecasters..so intending to get 1. but i seldom see it ard..onli saw a few at guitar 77....

tele2.jpg

telecaster- mine's for black metal...

doesn't really matter if it's 21/ 22 fretted, doesn't affect tone. the tele is perhaps an under-rated guitar especially when the older chaps keep telling the younger ones that it's for country music.

in memory of Danny Gatton, the undisputed master of the Telecaster. RIP.
Danny%20Gatton%20small.gif

for that matter, any guitar can be used for black metal, just need suitable pickups (preferably the higher output ones which react well with lots of distortion) & a good, high gain amp. heck even my PRS McCarty gets the black metal experience some times...

Hi guys, I have had several tele's over the years, My favourites have been the 52 reissue , and my Telecaster Plus with three lace sensors and 7 way switching. I currently own a new USA deluxe with S1 switching giving series/parallel in the middle position. Try listening to Robben Ford who uses tele's a lot, and of course the great jimmy Page recorded most of the classic Led Zeppelin stuff on a Tele although used gibsons a lot live. Albert Collins etc etc all Tele players.

hey canon, how much u bought ur deluxe tele?? i'm interested in getting a tele but i aint sure which to buy. i love the natural wood color on the telecaster but i'm not sure where or how much it cost.

Back