Tama Goh MasterClass - for Drum Xchange Singapore November 26th Monday!

Dear Drumming Bros and Sis

I've spoken to Mr Tama Goh a little while ago about him conducting a Masterclass for Soft's Drum Xchange Singapore Members here.

The Date is not fix yet, Tama offer to give us at Soft Drum Xchange Singapore a Free MasterClass out of Good-Faith (we just pay for the Venue Charges). I Rejected his kind offer right-away. Hope you all can understand me.

My reason is that - Tama is a Professional Drummer, a Pearl Endorsee like Alvin (That's their Bread & Butter through Drumming) .... and so - let's say if we attend how many of you are willing to pay S$10.00 for a (2 1/2 to 3 hours MasterClass) conducted by Mr.Tama Goh and would you all be interested to attend this MasterClass that will most likely be conducted in December...a Monday Evening I guess.

How Many of you would attend it if it's confirmed. (Please put down your names so I can have an idea and also whether or not to feedback to Tama on the number of people attending) from Soft's Drum Xchange Singapore here.

I would like to have your view on this.

Last edited:
What a piece of awesome news!

I am interested! Sign me up! Whoo-hoo!

PS: But I won't be in town during Dec 7 - 12. Just mentioning just in case it's going to be held within that period. :)

Last edited:
Those that wants to attend Tama Goh MasterClass

(1) RD
(2) KillerBee (20the onwards - not in Singapore)
(3) Please Continue From Here - Thanks !

alamak... RD shld have auto include my name next time keke..

(1) RD
(3) plainsman

ain't gonna miss this one this time! lambasted myself for being an absolute fool for missing tama goh's and jimmy lee's clinic the other time. blasted!

(1) RD
(3) plainsman
(4) jeepers

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If its mon evening...I'm coming!!! I'll shoot myself if I miss this.....

(1) RD
(3) plainsman
(4) jeepers
(5) alvinthedrummer

Great news! Any idea what the theme and topics the master class would cover?

(1) RD
(3) plainsman
(4) jeepers
(5) alvinthedrummer
(6) Bor

Bor I dont know as yet?.....let you all know later ok. Actually Tama told me he is fully book from now till January 2008 ((too busy that's why he can't attend our this 8th Meetup on Saturday), then I ask "Then how about our MasterClass?.....He says he will check when the Venue is available before he come back to me in December (I think the place is somewhere near his Tama Goh Production Office).....

He then told me - It's Ok Eric, I will do it FREE For you all Soft Drum Xchange Members, which I say "Tama It Is Not Right This Way"...You can charge us cheap (special price for us all) but you must charge a fees (To me so as to upkeep the Drumming Profession/Ethical Part though I know He is so.oooo kind from his heart to help & contribute to us all here )..... I always feel - even if a Drum Student is to teach another newer student drumming (unlike DES which is a sharing part - it's 2 different thing here) - he still must charge something eg even S$10 per hour - not because of the money - but to upkeep the Drumming Professional in a way......It's so true.

Tama says the MasterClassess is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour thing usually something like not more than 20 person is very good as there can be more interaction between him and us all.

Cheers !

(1) RD
(3) plainsman
(4) jeepers
(5) alvinthedrummer
(6) Bor
(7) MetzalX (wah gotta take leave from work that day)

RD,

thanks helping to bring about this great idea of a masterclass. I agree with you, its only right that we contribute a fee, after all, its a sacrifice of his precious time in spite of his busy schedule to bring us the masterclass. Anyway $10 plus for a 2-3 hr session is great value for money!!

Just to clarify, is the session still going to be in dec or issit likely to get postphoned to maybe next year?

(1) RD
(3) plainsman
(4) jeepers
(5) alvinthedrummer
(6) Bor
(8) Frummer ( hopefully evening after 7 )

(1) RD
(3) plainsman
(4) jeepers
(5) alvinthedrummer
(6) Bor
(8) Frummer ( hopefully evening after 7 )
(9) BebopIggy

Last edited:
Tama's just way too generous, and props to him for that. Can really tell he's more interested in giving than receiving. We should always respect him as a professional by making sure we're not taking advantage of him. Bro RD, thanks for treating him right :) I'm sure no one will fault ya because it's how any of us would want to be treated too.

Too bad I won't be able to join you guys, have a blast! (this was a bad year to return to school man, drumfest, lang, and so many other clinics all missed...)

*Btw bro RD, dropped you a PM.

A bit of misinformation. Carry on from this list onwards? Thanks boys and girls!

1. RD
2. KillerBee (hopefully after Dec 13th)
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
7. MetzalX (wah gotta take leave from work that day)
8. Frummer ( hopefully evening after 7 )
9. BebopIggy

1. RD
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
9. BebopIggy
10. DT (as long as it is not on hari raya haji)

This is awesome man. I'm soooo there! :D

1. RD
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
9. BebopIggy
11. mel80

1. RD
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
9. BebopIggy
11. mel80
12. rla (evenings or sat or sundays please)

1. RD
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
9. BebopIggy
11. mel80
13. snow

yeh i do agree that even a special price of $10 is seriously too cheap for a masterclass. and Tama Goh is not like some small fry. so yeh, dun mean to spoil the market but i'd pay more. i suppose if he doesn't want to make money from us, he could opt to donate the proceeds or part of it to some worthy local drumming cause.

Kudos to Tama Goh anyway for having the heart to do this for DXS..woo hoo!!

1. RD
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
9. BebopIggy
11. mel80
13. snow
14. Reuben

This is not something to be missed... plus... THANK YOU TAMA!!!

1. RD
3. plainsman
4. jeepers
5. alvinthedrummer
6. Bor
9. BebopIggy
11. mel80
13. snow
14. deonportnoy

yeah man i cant wait.

Kudos to Tama Goh anyway for having the heart to do this for DXS..woo hoo!![/QUOTE]

Back