Sweet child of mine at Singapore Poly

ace

hey guys, this is a link to a video of my band performing at Singapore Polytechnic. The song is sweet child of mine by guns n roses. And, my singer forgot the lyrics near the start of the song, so sorry about that. haha. btw, i'm the guitarist in yellow. so yeah, feel free to comment and i hope you enjoy the video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78jqjs9pyek

hahaha, we played it in standard, we were supposed to play 3 songs which were in standard e so we thought why not just stick to e, but yes we know GNR plays it in a lower key(i'm a huge gnr fan too). anyway thanks for the comment guys. appreciate it. and yeah i shall take note about my singer.

this song was an instant classic when it first came out , in 1988 ( or 7?? ).

And is nice to see teenagers today still jamming to it .

I think this is the 'Smoke On The Water' of the 80s' .

Cool performance, it's ok the singer got loss....hey, this is what makes rock'n roll fun !

woohoo!! Keep rocking !

haha, thanks a lot bro. old sch rock is indeed fun to play. thanks for the comment.

Hey man not bad but like the others said, if you had played it in D# it would have sound nicer. Anyway the sound isn't very clear, especially the lead. So if your guitar was louder it would have been nicer.

Anyway, I love that song. Still trying to past the fast part of the solo that leads to the wah. Tips?

well, we were supposed to play you give love a bad name, love is only a feeling and maybe i believe in a thing called love. but anyways, we only got to play sweet child. the whole graduation party was alr way out of schedule and we were the last band to play, so they said we can only play one song when we were alr at the backstage going out to perform.

yeah i know my tone kinda sucks and my volume was a bit soft. hmmm, the fast part leading to the wah? now that you've mentioned it, i forgot to mention that i didnt play sweet child with a wah for the performance, as i just couldn't find one. and i think you should just play it slowly everyday? yeah, practise i guess. even i should still work on that part. lol.

bro i really like your singer he got a lot of charisma and also good showmanship
rock never die brother:)

yes im sure ure really outta tune, it doesnt really matter whether ure playing eflat or e, outta tune is outta tune. im not like flaming you or anything, but dang if u cant tell that its outta tune.

just for reference, the note u landed on at 4.44 is really sharp for a G. go play a G note then compare.

Last edited:
yeaps its out of tune..or the bends need some work. but nice playing still! love that song, but never had nailed it. haha.

and the singer...not so good. maybe too much strain at playing at standard e. axl himself sing is a key half step down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back