Starting Bass Gear?

mitth

Hey guys! Haven't posted in a looong time. Anyway, I'm a guitarist and recently this funny idea popped into my head... I'm going to try out playing the bass. So... what is a good starting bass guitar? My budget is $200+ for a bass guitar alone. I have read the other threads and everyone seems to be recommending the Samick bass. Any other decent basses that suits my budget? Also, how about amps. I know nothing about bass amps :lol:

Thanks in advance! :D

the Samick Fairlane is a decent bass to start with. it plays well, sounds good & for $250, it's definitely bang for the $$$.

yeah, i'm a guitar player who plays bass at times...

i'm finding out more abt bass too.. wanna get 1 & play at home.. i'm looking out to get a cheap 2nd hand bass.. i'm more concerned abt the amp.. some 1 care to share more light on it? thanks.. :)

how abt sx basses? and the packages davis brought in.. saw from their web 250 n under for bass n amp..

i would rather you take the craftmans one a while ago city music was having a pacakge too around the same price range.imo that would be a better choice then the sx. :p

yamaha best? i think there is about 300+ lol.. it abit over ur budget. but it better.. sound better.. the wood is better too.. :)

i've got a squire p-bass... it's really good... got it for 500 bucks, or rather i paid part of it. hmm... maybe it's out of the budget but do consider it...

i juz got back from davis.. got the samick bass package for 250.. paid 150, my sis paid the rest.. lolz..

DSCN4406.jpg

DSCN4407.jpg

ok here we go.. after searching the net abit.. i tink the model is a samick SAB31.. oh ya the package came with a sx amp too.. gig bag which has no padding, strap & pick.. :?

lucky i bot a thick planetwaves strap for my warlock last time.. :)

oh yeah, i used to have the sammick SAB-31. it was my very first bass and it was really cheap and it rocked. but then i sold it and bought a second hand fender jazz bass. the SAB-31 is really a good idea.

juz the bass i tink it's $185.. not sure if it comes with bag n strap though.. i can sell u the 1 they give me cheap, cuz i bought another.. hahah.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back