Shiny Bridge

wd-40 is a little unnecessary...

look out for polishing fluids which are metal-friendly, i'd rather you use that than the above-mentioned... this is one of them:
GRP92.jpg

Is this ghs -- guitar gloss NOT only for bridge?

It can be apply to the guitar body and neck glossy right??

it's primarily a body polish but the formula is suitable for metal parts as well. it also cleans up pickguards :) however, don't use it exclusively for metal parts...

it would be really funny if hendrix walked off the stage and said " God damn..i was just trying to polish my bridge... next thing ya know FOOM it was burnin. "

Apart from all those product mention above.

Is there any other product available that
is meant for metal ONLY like guitar bridge
or guitar case hinge?

for metal polish... theres brasso , autosol etc ....both will remove tarnish and give you back the shine. Maybe you should check out hardware stores and let them know what you need.

I do have brasso at home. Will try it out then. As long as it protect the metal from rusty and will make it shine, will give brasso a try then. :smt117

DO NOT LET THE BRASSO TOUCH THE WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it does wash it off asap. Otherwise you'll have a very nice vintage looking instrument in no time.

On the other hand, you know that brasso as a liquid, gets into holes and stuff.. so be VERY careful when you apply it. Use very little on a cloth and make sure the brasso on the cloth isn't too wet, so it wouldnt seep into those holes.

yo! Thanks very very much for pointing out what to
watch out for.
Else the repercussion of some stupid carelessness will
spoil instead of making the guitar better looking. hee hee

You ROCKS Dude!!!!!!! :supz:

another note ah guys... Brasso and AUTOSOL are only POLISHING COMPOUNDS.

they give you back the shine and remove the muck.

they wont stop the tarnish from coming back.
in fact might leave the metal surface unprotected and tarnish may occur quickly
basically adequate care must be taken AFTER polishing to ensure that the surface is protected from moisture.

what i do is polish then protect with WD40 or some other equivalent water displacement product ...

Thanks Chan Min. Noted. :smt035

ChanMin said:
another note ah guys... Brasso and AUTOSOL are only POLISHING COMPOUNDS.

they give you back the shine and remove the muck.

they wont stop the tarnish from coming back.
in fact might leave the metal surface unprotected and tarnish may occur quickly
basically adequate care must be taken AFTER polishing to ensure that the surface is protected from moisture.

what i do is polish then protect with WD40 or some other equivalent water displacement product ...

Latest posts

Back