S-League... anyone?

if the Super Reds become champion this season (looks like they are threatening to do so), it's a farce for local soccer...

think we should take it positively....they're here to raise the standards of local football.
It's better to have invited teams like Super Reds than the likes of Sinchi which don't serve to raise the game.

Singapore won the M-League as well =)

i'm not against the Super Reds- the best team deserves to lift the trophy but it proves the lethargy of our domestic league...

One or two foreign teams coming into the SLeague may increase the standard of sleague if the teams will realise that they need to be better than they are at the moment.

S-League nowadays are so boring compared to the days when they just started out...the 1996 - 1998 seasons...alot of foreign players from malaysia league come over to the s-league for better money and gave us better football in the s-league...

anybody remembered sandro radun the goalkeeper?!?

I jus decided to revive an old thread...........watched Albirex Niigata vs Tampines jus now and wow, there was lots of entertaining football, predictably from the Japanese side. Lots of drama but guess who won: yes Tampines won. It was a lot like Arsenal vs Liverpool ( no offence to both sets of fans.=; i'm a Pool fan myself ) lots of promise frm Albirex but no end product due to super-tight defending. Tampines were finding it hard to control the midfield but when they broke, they broke with such ease and speed that they caught Albirex completely off guard. Interms of Singaporean players, we've got a really great goalie in Hassan Sunny, he was absolutely HUGE in goal. Made so many crucial saves and blocks, deserved man-of-the-match. Actually, the S-League really seems to have perked up a little after the mid-season break...........and now, Home United and SAFFC lead the title race, with the Super Reds almost certainly outta the hunt. I feel that with more local support, the S-League cld turn into something really grand, the talent of the Singaporeans on the pitch was clear for all to see.

Latest posts

Back