S-League... anyone?

he's more defender-like IMO
download.aspx

But most importantly, we lack a leader..Indra Sahdan Daud, to me, isn't a suitable leader..I miss Aide Iskandar`s leadership.

skillful aside- it's sheer power in the throw. imagine always getting the ball into the penalty box via throw in...

I thought we have Sun Jiayi as a... Playmaker? Although I don't think he's really good, at least he was involved with the release of adiPure.

Ever wonder how do Singapore footballers get to go to Addidas campaigns and endorse their products? I'm still puzzled.

Is the S-League really one of the best 10 leagues in Asia or is it just that Asian leagues suck big time and Singapore can make it within the lousy context?

I think we need a national hero like Fandi Ahmad... Someone who can bring back local football to the local. Maybe S-league can try integrating with M-Cup!

Last edited:
We do have a S-League following here.When S-League first started out, Geylang Utd do have 2 World class Iranian footballers and a higly regarded coach-Hamid Reza Estili,Mohamad Khakpour and Jalel Talebi.

Season after seaon,to get really quality signings have proven to be very difficult-salary caps,sponsorship and the latest kelong nonsense.

I was involved in an S-League club once,although more as a bench warmer but most of the time on the youth feeder squad(also as a bench warmer)

We do have quality footballers, I have seen this first hand but what makes S-League different from other league around the region is support..face it, we don't have enough people to fill up the stadiums..Logistic wise also got some issues..

Its correct that if S'pore were to stay in M-League, we would have a lot of funfare and things to look forward to come weekend-the Kallang roar,etc etc BUT our football would remained stagnant.

S'pore national team would not get to this stage of the World cup Qualifying round if there is no S-League.Every player knows he have a fighting chance to be capped and put on the national jersey if the player is consistent week in and week out.

Prior to S-League,during the M-League days, to get into the national team, the very least that a scout knows how good are you were during Milo School..and they would see your development durring your Milo stint..and the normal A div and B div soccer teams of which it is always Boys Town VI, Jin Tai Sec, St Patrick Sec would be champions

Now, the scouting system for youths are much better structured and organised.for example S Subramani, I have played with him during our teenage days at basket-ball courts around Woodlands and Marsiling area..he was spotted during his JC days and you know the rest....

considering from what I've read, MLS has even worse field and training conditions than ours. uneven fields and all.

it's a good thing that SAF FC won today (beat Tampines 2-1) otherwise the top team in this Singaporean league would be a Korean team... shame.

Yay, I was in JBS watching SAFFC. Tampines played quite badly and the Tampines fans were like so...

Uncultured.

I was in the wrong camp because of space constrains and I couldn't stand them.

The turn out was larger than expected because at first they closed the upper gallery. As a result, my girlfriend and I had to squeeze at the first row for the first half which was so not comfortable.

Then they opened up the upper gallery. Quite a huge crowd.

Latest posts

Back