Rock-Hiphop Collabo Gig anyone?

i remember seeing this senario on TV...when the rock band plays...the hip hop clans jus sit and stare...den when the hip hop clans perform..the roackers will also jus sit and stare..its kinda weird to me if that happens...

i think linkin park is the threadstarter's vision of wat it should be like right? hip hop n rock mixed togther, even their fashion sense is influenced by each other, they dun wear skinny pants nor baggy pants, neither oversized baseball jerseys nor leather jackets, they wear very neutral stuff that has hints of rock n hip hop...hehe...just an observation. :p

crozzfire said:
ItAcHi said:
hahahaha...come on...any guys wanna do linkin park songs for this gig??
ME!hmmm limp bizkit would be nice too...NU-METAL!!!\m/

oh yeah...limp bizkit is nice too...so wat do u play?? i play the guitar...haha

Are you guys really, Really interested to play such stuff? If you are please PM me. ;)

i'm by nature a guitarist and still a guitarist..so basic bass is not a porblrm fer me..not say i damn pro lah but we're talkin about basics..so yeah..the onli time i hold the bass is during jammin

What if I tell you that there are plans on it already? 8) But still in the infant stage, so nothing to shout about just yet... :lol:

wait are we talking abt straight out nu-metal bands with direct hip hop/rock influences or are we talking about a straight out rock band doing a number with a rapper like playing in traffic collaborating with kapital p some time ago?

That's the thing. I don't really know for sure. I just got a whiff of it. But the organisers would rather keep mum for now. It might not even happen, for all I know.

But what if DOES happen? Would you want to see a rock band perform with a rapper ala Linkin Park and JayZ collab or Aerosmith and Rin DMC collab? Or you want to see nu-metal band with hiphop influences?

I would personaly like to see the rapper/rock band thing. Having nu-metal acts are just abit too common. Unless the organisers wanna have both, which would be very very interesting.

i'm interested. it could be like a rock/funk/rap mix or something. Third Eye Blind and Run DMC did an awesome song together called Rockshow, if it's something like that i think it'd be really interesting to be a part of it.

it's not Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit-ish, it's not nu-metal at all. it's like alt rock + rap. really well done.

yeah im cool with it if its a rapper/rock thing, wouldnt be as common as nu-metal bands...but please dont do another metallica/ja-rule..thats just tragic

what about RATM-ish music? they're err rock, or hardcore, with rapping. I've always wanted to play RATM's songs

Back