PRS Artist Package

vernplum

The PRS catalog mentions this all over the place but never explains what it is? Can someone explain what the 'Artist Package' is please - and how much it costs on say, a Custom 24?

Artist Package means that ull get-
10 Top
Head stock veeneer
Gold Hardware
A very nice hardcase
Abalone binding
AM not sure about the rest itll add 1K maybe more to the stock price
so itll be say 4.5-5K for a custom 24.
I dun care much for the artist package if u ask me, a very nice top tts wat ur getting. If u want to splurge tt amount of money id rather get a PRS 513,.. now tts a darn nice guitar

Guitarist magazine ran an interesting write-up on PRS in its latest issue; given that 2005 is PRS 20th anniversary.

There were quite a few pages of coverage and interviews on the different models.

hmmmm....since the topic is on PRS guitars , can anyone commend on the discontinued Tremonti SE? what do you think of it in terms of it's tone and feel?

i tried that axe for abit.. i guess it was quite good.. out of 10... i give the feel of the neck at 7.. tone at 7 as well.. but then again.. its matter of preference...so it may be different for you...

chimaera said:
Artist Package means that ull get-
10 Top
Head stock veeneer
Gold Hardware
A very nice hardcase
Abalone binding
AM not sure about the rest itll add 1K maybe more to the stock price
so itll be say 4.5-5K for a custom 24.
I dun care much for the artist package if u ask me, a very nice top tts wat ur getting. If u want to splurge tt amount of money id rather get a PRS 513,.. now tts a darn nice guitar
Thanks for the info.

As a matter of interest, what is the normal PRS hardcase like if it's not so nice...?

If I just opt for a 10 top without Artist Package I assume that's a whole lot cheaper...

This might help ya out... Not sure which is which though...

in_case.jpg

prs_artist.jpg

2GlxsydrNMOe5bVYXcJGUWn6ilc2.jpg

I think the beige one is probably the 'fancy' one, because black is black and everybody has black cases...

Man - that quilted blue Custom is gorgeous. I have to have a PRS now _ i have serious GAS. I think I'd choose Emerald or Black Cherry.

vernplum said:
I think the beige one is probably the 'fancy' one, because black is black and everybody has black cases...

Man - that quilted blue Custom is gorgeous. I have to have a PRS now _ i have serious GAS. I think I'd choose Emerald or Black Cherry.

how about Tiger's Eye?

photo1.jpg

wangdexian said:
Your neighbours are going to have a hard time with a PRS+ THD Unvalve Head+ Marshall AVT 1X12 Cabinet combo. :lol:

I think they're deaf anyway.

Besides - that's the joy of the Univalve - comes with built-in attenuator. :)

Vanyawen.jpg

My baby 'Vanyawen' not as cheo as other PRS but is darn versatile coz of the middle pickups. Am saving up n getting another one but itll be the all mahogany standard to give a different tonal spectrum

chimaera said:
Vernplum which PRS r u planning to get custom? Mc Carty?

Thinking of a Custom 24. Only thing is, they don't have the colours I want at Davis and it takes a year to order, so... dunno.

Back