pickups...

Single coils generally have lower outputs than humbuckers, with the exception of certain models, so it's normal to feel the volume difference when you select it. If you want something with a higher output, a Dimarzio Cruiser might work.

Don't forget to check out the reviews of these pickups at www.harmony-central.com These reviews are often biased so read them with a pinch of salt.

hey thankz a lot guys...
i think i want to get seymour duncan's SH-1 59' for the neck and maybe a SH-6 Duncan's Distortion OR SH-4 JB for the bridge...
what say u guys??

That's a rather good combo.
For the mid, you can consider the Duncan Hot Stack, Hot Rails, Cool Rails or even a Duckbucker if you fancy some quack. :lol:

For the JB right, get it only if you've gota 250K tone pot. I'm on a JB with a 500K tone pot. Its extended tonal control but man , it sounds almost too bright.

thankz ya everyone for ya help in this!!! i really appreciate it...now i'm more aware of this things...
gonna upgrade me axe soon...shall update u guys along the way..

oh btw...what shall u guys recommend me to upgrade on my axe?? tuning heads? switch? what is refretting?? thankz alot..

BlackMoo said:
For the JB right, get it only if you've gota 250K tone pot. I'm on a JB with a 500K tone pot. Its extended tonal control but man , it sounds almost too bright.

what is a tonepot??

You know that tone control? The one other than the volume knob on the guitar. Pot is short for potentiometer. Its the thing which controls the signal of your tone, from fully bright when full, to more mellow, less shrill highs when rolled down.

oooooooh that one...haha i knew that...anyway how to know wat i got?? how to make it into 250k?? n K refers to wat??

One said:
thankz ya everyone for ya help in this!!! i really appreciate it...now i'm more aware of this things...
gonna upgrade me axe soon...shall update u guys along the way..

oh btw...what shall u guys recommend me to upgrade on my axe?? tuning heads? switch? what is refretting?? thankz alot..

It's an RG270 with the ILT1 floyd right? If you're experiencing any problems with tuning stability, the trem might be the major cause of it. And if you intend to keep the guitar long term, it might be advisable to replace the bridge with an OFR or the Gotoh trems that Shredcow recommends in other threads.

yeah man...even my band mates complain abt my guitar tuning stability...so its good to change the floyd ya...where can i get this stuffs? davis?? how's e price like ya??

For an OFR, prices are around SGD$350. Excluding shipping. Not sure which stores here bring them in now, but you could ask and check.

The Gotoh trem, according to Shredcow, goes for around $250. I don't know about that one as much. Best PM him for details

:wink:

wow so ex!! haha guess i'll use my floyd for now...concentrate on pups first..hehe...thankz btw...

Alternatively, get a Hipshot tremsetter in there to help stabalize the bridge first. Cost about $60. I have one in my RG. Works wonders :D

ok thankz...i hope davis bring in this kind of stuffs...i always depend on them for parts...it will be good if they sell it as the duncans pups are also sold there...anyway thankz poo...
hey add me on msn gizmodev@hotmail.com would love to get to know u better..haha my new guitar guru...

It's a device that that helps keep your trem at zero point, much like the backstop devices in the ZR trems of the Ibanez S series guitars, but not as smooth.

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/tremsetter.htm

Here's a link to a picture of what it'd look like installed in a guitar (not mine, just too lazy to take a picture of mine hehehe :D)

http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/images/hipshot_tremsetter_ibanez_rg470.jpg

Also note the tremsetter kills flutter so you'll lose that effect.

One: I just added you. shino_tachi@hotmail.com's my add in case you were wondering :wink:

Back