pedal recommendations

cryingstatue

Hi guitar pedal fans!

i love the idea of having effect pedals to vary the sound of the songs i play.... i just started exploring this area..and love the idea of getting second hand pedals too... anyway i want to just find out from the experts on their recommendations for the following effects:

chorus : which brand is the best? how about the boss CE-5 or CE 20?

wah: which brand? how about the jimi hendrix wah?

reverb: which one?

thanks!

Never really tried any other chorus pedal. I like my Boss CH-1 a lot though... it's sounds rather digital and close to flanging when you turn everything all the way up... but I like this kinda sound.

I use it mainly for rhythm, to give a bit of chorus effect, and on solos, which interestingly gives the lead tones a bit more presence and less dry-sounding.

The other day during jamming I also found a really cool thing. Being unconventional I plugged the two output jacks from the pedal to a jazz chorus & a laney amp (at wee lee aljunied). The effect really comes close to Nirvana's Come As You Are. :twisted:

I don't use Wah nor Reverb, so no comments on those.

chorus: Maxon CS505, EH Small Clone

wah: Fulltone Clyde deluxe, Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q

reverb: EH Holy Grail, Digitech Digiverb

my suggestion will be to buy 2nd hand ones and try them out, if don't like, sell..... but like buy cheap la, beat up condition ones also nevermind.

else just go down to sweelee, or something and actually try them out. different people in the end still have different opinions......often conflicting.... and take harmony central reviews with a pinch of salt too. in the end , you like can already !

Han

Anyway one word of advice when testing pedals in shops, its best to bring ur own guitar down and test with an amp thats similar to urs, so u will know whether u really like it or not as thats what its gonna sound like when u bring the pedal home... 8)

mmm they're nonchalant towards me when i went though... maybe i don't look funky enough haa...

yah another point...... when testing pedals best is use your hand to engage on/off the effect...... polite abit la.... :)

(I'm not sure if there are others like this) But the Mark Tremonti (dont be put off by the name) Morely Wah is fantastic-the high point feature is the switchless system. If the Pedal is completley retracted, its off. As soon as it comes forward a tiny bit, it will switch on...it also has a great range...very nice, but one of the more expensive ones.

wah wah pedal - RMC.... and its gonna hit singapore soon...... there got to be a reason why most wah pedal lover/pro guitatist has one of rmc on their board. Hahaha, if this sound like blatant promotion, it is!!! And iam not a wah person anyway :lol:

imho, there are no best pedal, its really all depend on what the individual like in their tone....some like boss, some like boutique stuff, end of the day, what ever pedal that that give what the player have in mind, thats the best.....my 0.00002cent

thor666 said:
Never really tried any other chorus pedal. I like my Boss CH-1 a lot though... it's sounds rather digital and close to flanging when you turn everything all the way up... but I like this kinda sound.

I use it mainly for rhythm, to give a bit of chorus effect, and on solos, which interestingly gives the lead tones a bit more presence and less dry-sounding.

The other day during jamming I also found a really cool thing. Being unconventional I plugged the two output jacks from the pedal to a jazz chorus & a laney amp (at wee lee aljunied). The effect really comes close to Nirvana's Come As You Are. :twisted:

I don't use Wah nor Reverb, so no comments on those.

haha, doode, you've just discovered the natural chorus sound... it's real sweet... actually the best chorus sound, imo. hard to emulate in a pedal. but it's a one-trick pont though for this sorta 2 amp chorus sound. If you use the direct out for the EH Memory Man for one amp and the effects out for another, just imagine the fun you'd have! hahaha...

44ofjuly said:
wah wah pedal - RMC.... and its gonna hit singapore soon...... there got to be a reason why most wah pedal lover/pro guitatist has one of rmc on their board. Hahaha, if this sound like blatant promotion, it is!!! And iam not a wah person anyway :lol:

Who's bringing it in? I might order a wheel of fire Wah from RMC, I heard a clip of it from lespaulforum.org......amazing.......

-Beast

I believe MrMisse Electronics is bringing in the RMC Wah...though I've not heard it, I've heard ppl raving about it.

Not too big on the Fulltone Ckyde wah though.. love the Supa-Trem!!! :D

AgingYouth said:
I believe MrMisse Electronics is bringing in the RMC Wah...though I've not heard it, I've heard ppl raving about it.

Not too big on the Fulltone Ckyde wah though.. love the Supa-Trem!!! :D

oh yeh.. havent really play with the FT Clyde Deluxe Wah enough to say much but the few minutes of rocking on it sounded like a really bright n crisp kinda wah.. very rockabiily.. as in the same as other Fulltone pedals such as Choralflange and Supatrem..

Latest posts

Back