Om: Bazz~

Dude the playing's not lousy, I like the feel you got going there, for a virgin attempt I think it's rockin'. :)

Can you share a little insight as to how you recorded it? I've been wanting to record something over a backing track as well.

Could you send me the backing track? :)

Thanks.

Nice playing again.

Not bad for a first timer... you choose to play lots of blues with an attempt here and there, to get out of the box. Good try!

I would say... you gotta work on feel. You got the groove going on, there's a BB King kind of vibe going on at the beginning. Near the middle on, you lost the steady groove, lots of notes but the feel seemed very much subdued.

Also, you have to bring out the chord changes. Again, during the middle section on, your playing was more of playing in key than playing with chords... try to play along with the chords, emphasizing the different chord tones like the b7 for a dominant 7th chord.

Work on it and you'll get there. ;)

so desu ne, thanks i guess... :mrgreen:

anyway..err....out of the box? I dunno leh, I thought the progression was generally bluesy...so i played blues lor....hahaha >.<

Thanks Vaiyen, but don'tchu think the 'twang' a bit irritating?

The progression was based on the blues but there were lots of extended chords going on... You notice there was not a lot of dominant 7th chords? Like F7, Bb7 and C7? The basics of blues was there but it was "softened" up with lots of 9th chords and so on...

With that in mind, feel free to stretch out and play out of hte box in this context. ;)

Here's whut i thought of it...

1) no soul
2) lousy timing
3) too much anticipation
4) lousy phrasing

hmm...what else?

hah... the twang is pretty irritating all right. :p maybe turn down on your tone knob?

are you playing purely with blues/pentatonic scale? i think will do good to "borrow" notes, use chromatics.

try to play off the first beat.

hmm... think of what you want to do with the song. the current playing sounds like improvisation without much thought on the direction of the song.

other than that, the song's pretty ok... i wouldn't have done it better on first try. :wink:

Back