oh man my guitar's screwed!

fenderrules

my strat pickup in the middle fell into the body while i was making it go higher (if you know what i mean) ahhh...

anyone knows any good and cheap guitar repair services around???

thanks, this is terribly urgent! repairing it myself only made it worse..

Perhaps there is something up with the screw? Like a stripped thread.

If the screw is fine perhaps the threads on the pickup are in poor condition.

ah yes of course! its the threads. those things which hold the pickup right? i keep trying to screw them through, but they always spring out the screws...DOING!

sometime s the fitted screws may not be of the best size. I had this slippage problem when i was assembling my first strat.The screws were a fraction too small in diameter. Bring your guitar down to Luther's and they'll sort it out for you in no time.

the only problem with that is i think the screw got off the hole and i suppose your guitar is with a pickguard?

but then again it should stick to the pickguard.. anyways open it up and screw properly.. anything can be fixed.

pickguards r hard to deal with.. u shud try luther music like they have said... the people there r friendly n i have seen guitars there which r in wrose conditions, eg. broken tremolo sets..., cracked bodies.. :p

the only problem with that is i think the screw got off the hole and i suppose your guitar is with a pickguard?

but then again it should stick to the pickguard.. anyways open it up and screw properly.. anything can be fixed.

yes my strat has a pickguard, that white curvy thing right??

well, the main issue is about that...uhm....cover for holding the pickup in place. i have to screw it through a spring, the holder and the pickup through the pickguard. and when everythings in place....DOING! the pickup falls into the body and i have to start all over again.. :roll:

Its evident that the threads are worn out in this case. How long has the pickup been in place before it fell lose?Is the pickup stock or did u have it changed.Remember that the threads were under constant stress due to the tension springs. Over time, the threads will wear.

I read the following an Guitarist mag.

Very very lightly lace the threads of your pickup screw with superglue. To do this use a pin or needle to apply the glue on the surface of the threads.

Wait for the glue to dry. The screw should now be a fraction thicker in diameter due to the glue. Put the screw into the pickup and it should hold due to this added diameter.

PS This is what i read. I have not done this before but it does sound logical.

omg, i actually had the same idea, except using tape! lol

i think my dear friend luther will help me out, he's a good person. and its better being safe than sorry.

Yo, fenderrules. Just wanna ask you what's that thing inbetween the amp and the guitar in your sig? A distortion thing?

its my very first pedal, the boss ds-1 distortion pedal.

how cute, my very own pedal for the first time in my life :roll:

Latest posts

Back