new to shredding

whitebrokenriff

hi, i just started to shred abit with some sweeping. i got a question, everytime i play a note fast and release my finger for another note, i always get the ringing sound that i dont want! like i hit the string and change fingering and hit another there will be unnecessary sound. is this because of the amp setting? what sort of amp setting is necessary in shredding? the reason i think that amp is causing the problem is because whenever i play the guitar acoustically, i wouldnt hear such a thing.

it's not the amp, it's your technique. the amp merely amplifies the noise in your playing. Look in the archives for left and right hand muting.

Try practicing slowly at first, then slowly increasing your speed. Trust me, when you play at low speed, there won't be a ringing sound. It has do with your playing being sloppy. A problem which I'm encountering right now as I've stop playing for quite sometime and I get kinda rusty......

You mean a ringing when you lift your finger from the note you just played? If that's what you mean, then evidently it's the technique. It's just like you doing an unintentional pull-off.
Either palm mute, or practise. Practise till when you lift you finger off, no sound is heard.
It's not too hard, really.

If it is apeggios sweeping you're talking bout, then it may be your string being too soft and everytime you lift your finger off the string, it becomes sorta like a pull off which creates that unwanted ringing, the option is to get a higher guage string or to practice slowly at first and increasing your speed slowly.

start clean and slow first..dont rush into fast shredding ..cos when u start clean..and when u can do it fast..u can hear out the mistakes u made easily and improve.practise makes perfect*

Rollercoaster said:
If it is apeggios sweeping you're talking bout, then it may be your string being too soft and everytime you lift your finger off the string, it becomes sorta like a pull off which creates that unwanted ringing, the option is to get a higher guage string or to practice slowly at first and increasing your speed slowly.

Rollercoaster, I don't understand how this matters. This problem of extra noise is purely a technics issue, nothing to do with strings. If so, then shredders all over the world would turn to .12s so they can shred more cleanly.

if you have problem playing sweeping apeggios,try other alternatives which is easier to play clean.maybe string skipping?Its easier to play string skipping clean but difficult to play it fast.

Latest posts

Back