new guitar

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
KH202 & JEM Jr & RG are somewhat similar in the sense they got 24 frets w floyd rose locking bridge system. However, if you are looking at the RG321MH or no MH series, it does not haf a floyd rose bridge & only 22 frets.

the RG321, in all finishes, has 24 Jumbo frets...

Ibanez_RG321.jpg

get JEM JR, it rox! steve vai's signature, but a junior :(

but it's real great u can do cool stuff but rg can do that too!

Re: Erm

neuro182 said:
Erm I beg to differ, wat abt ESP LTD EX-50? EC-50? M-50 etc.

They jus dun bring in LTD KH602 bec e price is close to a custom standard series & it'll be better off buying a standard ESP series rather than a LTD Signature.

If u wanna a KH602 config & design, y not buy a KH202 + 2 EMG active pups & the price is so much cheaper imo.

I have tried both KH602 and KH202 in shop. KH602 is far better than KH202. Body, pickup, Floyd everything is different.

My personal opinion is, try to avoid low-end signature series as they usually cost you more than comparable range and build quality is relatively low.

neuro182 said:
Don't merely buy it just for the design or smoothness of the neck bec b4 u noe it, u might be posting ur guit up on SOFT or Luthermusic. Think carefully!!
Like you? :lol:
Personally, I feel that Signatures are pretty much a waste of time, unless it's the best that you can get, eg. ESP, not some LTD copy or those fitted with inferior parts.
RG321MH gets my vote.

wangdexian said:
neuro182 said:
Don't merely buy it just for the design or smoothness of the neck bec b4 u noe it, u might be posting ur guit up on SOFT or Luthermusic. Think carefully!!
Personally, I feel that Signatures are pretty much a waste of time, unless it's the best that you can get, eg. ESP, not some LTD copy or those fitted with inferior parts.
RG321MH gets my vote.

Thanks for the assumption, but I don't by the way :)

ESP is good, yes, got money? No money then of cuz buy the cheaper end mah. We're not some US kids who can own 2 Gibsons at age 16. Get it? We're in Singapore, everything is expensive.

RG321MH imo is good. However, I'm a floyd rose lover so if got floyd rose, it'd be more complete so to speak.

neuro182 said:
wangdexian said:
neuro182 said:
RG321MH gets my vote.

ESP is good, yes, got money? No money then of cuz buy the cheaper end mah. We're not some US kids who can own 2 Gibsons at age 16. Get it? We're in Singapore, everything is expensive.

RG321MH imo is good. However, I'm a floyd rose lover so if got floyd rose, it'd be more complete so to speak.

well...my friend owns 2 gibson at age 16 here in singapore...a LP and a SG
in addition of alot other guitars..

ItAcHi said:
neuro182 said:
wangdexian said:
neuro182 said:
RG321MH gets my vote.

well...my friend owns 2 gibson at age 16 here in singapore...a LP and a SG
in addition of alot other guitars..

Is he rich.. but u must tink of those who are not :) cheaper alt wld somehow be beta.

ok now my mind is pretty much set on getting the rg321mh.. followed my friend to citymusic to get his guitar just now.. a jackson p1 i tink.. onli 200 bucks since it was a factory defect.. what was its defect? paint cracks on the body.. was it a good deal considering it has no internal defects+it has floyd rose? and also.. are craftsman guitars good? saw some at citymusic but no chance to try them out..

u sure the guitar din have internal defect? Coz the last time i asked about the hamer guitar on sale, they said that most of the defects run deep into the body...better ask ur friend to check it out...yeah..hopefully the wood's not cracked...

crasftman guitars aint that bad acutally...my friend love it so much that he doesnt wish to change a new guitar...

we asked the guy and he said no internal defects.. tested it o ut and it sounded good.. went to peninsular afterwards to see if dey could du anithg about the cracks.. but repainting wld cost arnd 300 and the guy said the floyd's tuning is a lil off.. forgot whad he said exactly.. hmm.. i say a craftsman with floyd rose,h-s-h and 24 frets going for 445.. it seemed worthe the money.. going to check it out next time

neuro182 said:
wangdexian said:
neuro182 said:
RG321MH gets my vote.

US gibsons arent exactly cheaper than s'pore's..remember they have a 20% tax especially in california.

gibsons are just overpriced pieces of wood!!! down with gibsons :D :D :D anyway, what is that 'special' thing bout guitars that makes it thousands of dollars...

i assume you have never played a gibson in your life before, if you have and decide its a rubbish piece of wood, you deserve to hold your opinion, if its just hearsay, please reconsider what you just said.

to answer your question, many factors go into the final cost of the guitar.

1.the parts used, be it flamed maple tops with fancy binding or a cheap floyd knock off bridge

2. construction - is it off the machine press at the factory line or did someone personally spend his time crafting it -- note that hand built does not mean its better than mass produced models. BUT you definitely pay MORE for his time spent.

3. Company policies, gibson keeps raising their product prices, but that dosent mean its a lousy guitar, it just means its expensive and not many people can afford it.

gargamelesp said:
i assume you have never played a gibson in your life before, if you have and decide its a rubbish piece of wood, you deserve to hold your opinion, if its just hearsay, please reconsider what you just said.

to answer your question, many factors go into the final cost of the guitar.

1.the parts used, be it flamed maple tops with fancy binding or a cheap floyd knock off bridge

2. construction - is it off the machine press at the factory line or did someone personally spend his time crafting it -- note that hand built does not mean its better than mass produced models. BUT you definitely pay MORE for his time spent.

3. Company policies, gibson keeps raising their product prices, but that dosent mean its a lousy guitar, it just means its expensive and not many people can afford it.

spikes has a gibson les paul classic premium and he has a cert of authenticity to prove it..wanna see? :lol:

Back