New Classifieds Section

Godspeed64

Hey guys, I know this is the wrong section to place it but I believe this section is the most looked at in Soft apart from the classifieds.

If you all realize the Classifieds have shifted back into the old mechanics, where you're not limited to a particular number of threads before you have to pay for additional adverts.

As a result, PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF OTHER SELLERS. Frankly it's quite inconsiderate to post your items every other day again and again. We all know you want to sell your stuff quick, but others want to as well. I don't wanna state names, but I feel cheated each time I click on a 'New' ad only to realise it's a blatant repost of the previous day's ad.

This is not a rant, rather a head's up so that musicians can give more leeway to other fellow Singaporean musicians. Be thankful you can post your ads easily now, so don't abuse the bandwidth Mr.James has graced us with.

Arrivederci.

Problem is some of the spammers are seasoned posters here and are quite nice in person. Oh well I'm just trying to do my part bro!

they think by bumping their threads more, people will buy it off them faster. however most of them fail to realise that the price is always the thing that determines whether it becomes a fast deal or not.

as long as that gets into their heads, it'll all be good.

I really really really really really feel there should be a stickied thread with a title, "SG's 2nd hand market price" to help ppl like me decide what price should be state. The problem is will everyone ever agree im not too sure. We could start out with the boss line and slowly to the boutique and slowly to the rarer boutique.

I think that's up to the individual buyer and seller to do their own market research.
After all value is dependent on demand and supply.

I like the old rules to be implimented back as only 4 'Ad' is allowed by date ' Monthly'.I hope james would reconsider this issues cos is very unproductive for sellers to argue here.So far so good , as i can see this past few months on classified sections..and now this arguements happened.Pls reconsider back to the previous system.Just my 2 cents.

Guessing from the announcement, we moved back to normal forum posts because the classified system doesn't work with the mobile app they are developing. So unlikely to change back? But yeah, there should be some guidelines.

abnass/justheretolook, if not sure of the price then just ask for offers.

Price guideline? please. you want to sell something, you offer a price. you don't walk into 7 eleven, bring a pack of mentos to the counter and offer your best price for it. things just don't work this way.

Well if that is the problem for using mobile app then we cant do much.Well theres a way i guess.If somehow softies duplicates their ads , just ban their IP for ' 3 days ' as a warning.If the forumers doesnt obey the rules , simply ban them for ' 30 days ' as stern warning.As u can see more spam happens this forum will tremendously lag.

Sorry guys i just state my views on this issues cos i myself an 'Aministrator ' myself in my own forum.My rules is simple ... U Spam!! U Banned!!!.

P/S: James i hope u understand the issues here.Theres no honesty when someone are called " Human ".They tend to abused.Theres a saying " When u r doing business , dont trust that human even if its ur own father".

Sorry guyz if my statement is a bit to harshed.My most concern here in soft is not only $$$ , im here to widen my circle of frens to be with u guyz as a musician. :)

Last edited:
Guessing from the announcement, we moved back to normal forum posts because the classified system doesn't work with the mobile app they are developing. So unlikely to change back? But yeah, there should be some guidelines.

abnass/justheretolook, if not sure of the price then just ask for offers.

Dude, ive been down that road, and ive gotten heartbreaking offers; $150 for a Tim.

You can't really ban effectively. If you ban by IP range you risk affecting innocent people. And anyway banned users can always find their way back with new accounts. Two of the people who replied to this thread know exactly what I'm talking about :p

If an offer is too low, don't sell; nothing sad about it to break your heart.

Im actually using my friends acct, my acct got banned cus at the point of being justheretolook i forgot my password, then created another acct and got banned for having double acct. So vuala.

Dude, ive been down that road, and ive gotten heartbreaking offers; $150 for a Tim.

Google/ search soft/ check other forums for prices? At most just post a price and start lowering it if people think its too high.

Well guyz if the softies is ban means to say that hes abusing.. Am i rite? How could we put him/ her as innocent? What i suggest is just ban them from posting ads in the classified sections for certain period. We forumers should follow rules implemented by the administrator.

Ok very well ... Why not we discuss about how to solve this issues.I hope softies would have an idea to solve this problem rather then we pin point others.Open for discussions if permited by administrator and moderators.

Ok la guyz ... Now very sleepy laa tomolo must work ley... See u guyz tomolo and hope other softies will come with an idea to solve this issues.

Nite2 everyone and rock on !!!

Softies are a bunch of ungrateful champion complainers. They complained about the original classifieds, then the classifieds changed style they complained about it, then now complain again when change back to the original style.

Since the classifieds is the source of so much unhappiness and complaints, just remove it so softies have 1 less thing to complain about.

I prefer the previous system - Everybody gets 4 ads per month unless they donate, which helps the forum financially.

The other benefit is that there is no need to repost every few days as your original ad gets pushed back at a much slower pace.

Under the previous system, I sometimes get enquiries after my ad has been up for 2-3 weeks, which I consider a good response.
With this new system, after 2-3 weeks, my ad will probably be on the 299th page already!

People are quite silly. If everybody posts their ads once and wait, their ad won't be swallowed up so quickly. Imagine this: if a handful of users keep re-posting, eventually the first page of every subsection will just be those five ads. What's the point?

One suggestion I have if we never go back to the 4 ads system: Limit access to the classifieds to users with more than, say, 50 posts.
Ban those who spam anywhere within the forum.

This way, even if someone creates a new account, racks up 50 posts in a week, then starts spamming the classifieds and gets banned, he/she will have to start with a new account and contribute 50 posts again.

This system will also eliminate the small minority who create accounts to sell fake stuff.

Under the previous system, I sometimes get enquiries after my ad has been up for 2-3 weeks, which I consider a good response.
I have that experience too, which proved that people searched/browsed the classifieds extensively and there was no need to spam to make a sale. If someone really wants something, they will find your ad. In fact some popular items (like a Digitech Whammy) kept getting inquiries close to 4 weeks in... and even after I marked it as sold.

Lack of interest in your ad simply means... lack of interest at that point in time. Not because your ad is not the top most post.

Softies are a bunch of ungrateful champion complainers. They complained about the original classifieds, then the classifieds changed style they complained about it, then now complain again when change back to the original style.

Since the classifieds is the source of so much unhappiness and complaints, just remove it so softies have 1 less thing to complain about.

Everyone complains.
Anyway the 4 ads thing was pretty good.

Back