need some advised---software for producing beat...

mixxsoul

Hi ppl!! would like some advise from the pros out there....regarding the music software for producing beats....heard of fruitty loop and cakewalk but the probs is which is more more user friendly and better to use or is there any other reccomende software out there...peace n respect...mixxy

here are many softwares that can do that.

If i did not understand you wrongly, you are asking if there are any software that can help generate / manipulate rythmn tracks easily?

If the above question is right, then you can try something basic from apple's soundtracks. It is very basic and easy to use but not as many features and not as flexible.

Ableton is a good choice as it allows you to manipulate almost anything and is quite easy to learn.

Of course, the most important aspect is the quality of the loops that you have.

Regards
Robin

mixxsoul said:
heard of fruitty loop and cakewalk but the probs is which is more more user friendly and better to use or is there any other reccomende software out there...peace n respect...mixxy

I use FruityLoops Studio 5 myself and I find it user-friendly. It's pretty much straight to the point because softwares like FL 5 enables you to compose your music from samples and loops. The project bones comes in very handy. like what some studio folks mentioned to me, it doesn't takes you to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to use these softwares.

However, in terms of sound mgmt onboard the FL 5, probably it will lose out to cakewalk. Personally, I was advised to run my track through a good compressor, before I feed it back into Cubase or Pro Edit for adjustment. Then mixing at the studio, CD mastering blah blah blah... The difference is, softwares like Cubase, Logic, Cakewalk etc are more of MIDI software sequencers, to do mixing or add/alter effects. These are stuffs you do not find massively explorable in FL 5.

Lastly, it depends on your style of composition. Try it yourself and see if you're comfortable with their interface. That's a more accurate way to gauge. For me, I prefer something straight to the point. Drum pads are there, I delete whichever channel I do not need, I go through the library and see what other instruments I need, dump them into the project per channel each. The rest, is all about creating the track and how you would like it to sound. I shall not go into that since you're asking about user-friendly software, and not how to compose music in these softwares.

DD

Back