need help on bass!!

i am not really sure on this, but some people over here and on some other bass forums do mention seymour duncans for some reason. maybe you could give that a shot and try it out.

Seymour Duncan Basslines are excellent replacements. In my personal opinion, DiMarzios color your sound way too much but do visit the websites and see if they provide sound samples?

btw how to tell the diff between j bass and p bass... i am very info-undernourished...heh

chester277 said:
btw how to tell the diff between j bass and p bass... i am very info-undernourished...heh

this is a P bass / precision bass

guitar%20fender%20p%20bass.jpg

note the P bass pickups

primarily the P bass is different from the j bass in these aspects

-single pickup(S.C) vs a two pickup
-wider string spacing then the J bass
-different tonal option

Jazz-Bass-(01).jpg

the jazz bass or the J bass

-relies on two single coil J pickups (s.c pups) which cancel out each other to eliminate humming(present in the P bass at high gain and exposure to background interference)
-narrower string spacing than the P bass
-different tonal options

why different tonal options :

both basses feature a highly versatile range of tones, but there is generally disagreement over which bass exactly produce which tone best.

in my opinion the jazz has a deeper voice and covers a more wide range of frequencies than the Precision and tends to sound more darker.

in contrast, the precision is perhaps more often described as growly , mellow and can be bright , lending it's characteristic growly Oomph and warm tone.

i see, my bass has no pick guard and has only one pickup, so what is it? i woukd put a photo here but i haf no idea how...

if there's one pickup it's probably P-bass type, unless you've got one soapbar (big, wide pickup) at the bridge

cool stars u play brood war??? do u play on bnet US west? and thanx for the info guys :D :D

chester277 said:
cool stars u play brood war??? do u play on bnet US west? and thanx for the info guys :D :D

you can always search for information on manufacturer's websites ... or look through the older posts ..

i need more help...um...i keep getting this buzzing sound from the 2nd and 1st fret on the A string... it doesn't occur frm the 3rd fret onwards and the other strings are fine...and my bass is properly tuned...i check it everyday...so...help!!! :?

sh*t...every string i pluck produces a buzz...i heard that it is caused by the strings vibrating against the frets, but how do i stop it???

chester277 said:
sh*t...every string i pluck produces a buzz...i heard that it is caused by the strings vibrating against the frets, but how do i stop it???

dude ... go get a proper set up for your bass. This can mean a few things.

1. your action is too low
2. your neck is warped
3. uneven frets
4. all of the above.

I'd advised you to get a proper setup at a guitar shop. You can try Guitar Workshop at Bras Brasah. It's on the same level as Swee Lee.

Back